User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 04-Jul-14 21:44:17
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti dropping Daisy - not impressed so far

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Smidge was a superb guy.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User user7423
(member) Fri 04-Jul-14 21:48:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I remember Smidge and I agree, he was a good guy and very helpful.
Standard User plc143
(learned) Fri 04-Jul-14 22:09:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
[cough]
Scared of Plusnet? smile

from their web checker
Download speed could vary between 4Mb and 6Mb blush
The estimated speed shown above is based on information held by BT Wholesale. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. We've signed up to Ofcom's broadband speeds voluntary code of practice, see our summary for more information
i dont think i have the gonades to sign up just in case its true frown
oh well will have to wait for fibre
thanx for you help

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Jul-14 00:41:38
Print Post

I must now be on BT tails, as I can run the BT diagnostics and get a sensible IP Profile (16.01) and diagnostics speedtest. I was hoping this wasnt the case and I would stay on TT tails. frown

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 05-Jul-14 00:54:04
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

See how it goes smile.

What speed did you get before?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Jul-14 01:11:44
Print Post

About the same, as you say see how it goes. Haven't observed any peak slow downs. smile

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User nickscs
(member) Sun 06-Jul-14 12:19:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by warweezil:
I know I have to endure a training period again - this on a line that isn't the most stable, but I can see me moving quickly if this is the sort of service that Vivaciti is providing via Enta.

Suddenly I am quite unimpressed with Vivaciti, and when that happens it usually signals a migration - they made a choice - quite possibly the wrong one from my point of view - time will tell.

Pretty [censored] off with Vivacity at the moment, yesterday my snr margin jumped to 9db , and today midday it jumped to [censored] 12db. Speeds have been slower than Daisy anyway. Support ticket opened.
Standard User martthefart1
(regular) Sun 06-Jul-14 12:54:36
Print Post

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

banger can u do a tracert to show if u r on bt or enta?
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Jul-14 16:24:39
Print Post

[re: martthefart1] [link to this post]

IM pretty fed up with the whole broadband con in the UK, If it isnt Openjoke avoiding investing in decent line quality then its ISP's trying to nickle and dime us.

I moved from Enta in march 2012 when speeds had fallen away to around 4 or 5 Mbps, several tickets had proven fruitless and the only way to get a decent service that didnt grind to a halt in the evening was to migrate.

I moved to Vivaciti (Daisy LLU) and immediately found better speeds, consistently throughout 2012 I was seeing somewhere around the mid/the high 7megs - often up in the 8 meg mark and November 2012 I even recorded a 9 meg along with a few high 8 megs tests that week.

Then the same old story, speeds fell away again to the low to mid 7 megs, and now, with no consultation (or in fcat any proper noticication from Vivaciti - Im dumped back on Enta and back to somewhere in pretty much the old ADSLMax range, depending on the time of day and wind direction and moon phase it is 5 - 6.5 megs, My BQM has a pretty constant red border at the top which I rarely saw on Daisy, with some spikes dropping right across the range. I ran some tests last night using various on line resources - the results suggest that there is a noticable issue with dropped packets on the Enta network. I seem to average 2 line drops a day so far, which even with my rather eccentric line is a lot more than I am used to. Ive been down that road with Enta once, I ended up with SFI charges for an exchange fault (refunded but an unwelcome annoyance).

I've emailed Superfarce Cymru to see if a second mail will get some real information about when my PCP will get fibre, the last reply from them was an illustration of how many words you can use while avoiding giving anything like an answer to a specific question. I know one thing - the fibre WONT be with Vivaciti. That ship sailed when they shifted me backwards.

This stuff really shouldn't be this hard. This ISNT an improvement - and Customer loyalty is now wound kinda tight... I don't suffer fools gladly, and that includes those who try to fool me that slower is better.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI - Enta. Not very impressed with the "Improvement"
SWPM PCP29 - not yet feeling any of that fibre love.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User andi47
(newbie) Sun 06-Jul-14 18:40:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by warweezil:
IM pretty fed up with the whole broadband con in the UK

Exactly that. The worse case scenario being that companies like Vivaciti eventually have no choice but to cease offering domestic broadband and the choice would be from Talk Talk, BT and Sky. I've been with Tiscali (cheap rubbish), Talk Talk after the takeover ( I escaped quickly), Vivaciti then 02 (superb) and back to Vivaciti to avoid Sky.

The apparent industry standard of 1MB upload is pathetic, as are the adverts for amazingly fast broadband and fibre which are crippled by garbage customer service, low monthly GB allowances, throttling, unstable connections (Tiscali: Have you tried 1000 different routers?) and the like.

Vivaciti has been a mixed bag for me but I do appreciate the good customer service and I beleive they are genuinely doing their best. I do though dread the "Changes to our network and service" emails, I don't wanna be having to worry about a potentially downgraded service and having to be messing with my router, I'm just plain rubbish with networky things.

Edited by andi47 (Sun 06-Jul-14 18:41:14)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to