User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Jul-14 09:57:32
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti dropping Daisy - not impressed so far

[re: andi47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andi47:
In reply to a post by warweezil:
IM pretty fed up with the whole broadband con in the UK

Exactly that. The worse case scenario being that companies like Vivaciti eventually have no choice but to cease offering domestic broadband and the choice would be from Talk Talk, BT and Sky. I've been with Tiscali (cheap rubbish), Talk Talk after the takeover ( I escaped quickly), Vivaciti then 02 (superb) and back to Vivaciti to avoid Sky.

The apparent industry standard of 1MB upload is pathetic, as are the adverts for amazingly fast broadband and fibre which are crippled by garbage customer service, low monthly GB allowances, throttling, unstable connections (Tiscali: Have you tried 1000 different routers?) and the like.

Vivaciti has been a mixed bag for me but I do appreciate the good customer service and I beleive they are genuinely doing their best. I do though dread the "Changes to our network and service" emails, I don't wanna be having to worry about a potentially downgraded service and having to be messing with my router, I'm just plain rubbish with networky things.

What you say about the choice being BT, Sky or Talk Talk is pretty scary, but I don't think you are far off the mark. i have been saying for a few years now that the smaller providers are either being gobbled up by larger providers, like Metronet was gobbled up by Plusnet and the plusnet being gobbled up by BT, or they just can't compete.

FTTC have made it more difficult to compete now, where you are getting companies like Talk Talk offering FTTC for a little over £13 a month.

I like the smaller providers,which is why i went to ADSL24 and then to the local provider I am using now. But even I am looking at my options after nearly two years with who I am with.

A mate of mine is using Vivaciti and have had a pretty good service apart from a few months when his phone line was mucked up and it took BTOR ages to sort it out. he have just had a letter saying he have been changed over and he thinks that the speed is better.

I have a feeling that he is now on the Talk Talk network and not the old C&W network.

If smaller providers carry on vanishing then these larger companies will put their prices up,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User user7423
(member) Tue 08-Jul-14 11:16:14
Print Post

[re: Lazza] [link to this post]

I know it will cost me money to migrate and yes it may put some people off, but to be honest, I would rather pay it, than put up with being back on entanet.

Edited to add: I have received my MAC code, I will use it tomorrow and go with Xilo

Edited by user7423 (Tue 08-Jul-14 19:39:40)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jul-14 13:02:50
Print Post

[re: Lazza] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lazza:
The one thing that puts me off Xilo is the £48 they charge to transfer in.

Don't worry about the 48 quid, once you are with xilo you wont regret it smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User user7423
(member) Tue 08-Jul-14 13:14:56
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by Lazza:
The one thing that puts me off Xilo is the £48 they charge to transfer in.

Don't worry about the 48 quid, once you are with xilo you wont regret it smile

My thoughts exactly, I have three domains and two hosting accounts with Xilo and customer service is excellent, not that I have had to contact them much, only a couple of times, but when I did, a always received quick and very helpful replies.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jul-14 13:38:43
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

Hopefully xilo's fibre prices will drop at some point since Plusnet's fibre broadband-only prices make the migration away from my uno "Pro" TTB ADSL2+ account rather tempting...
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Jul-14 22:41:50
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by user7423:
Edited to add: I have received my MAC code, I will use it tomorrow and go with Xilo

It's a "MAC", not a "MAC code" grin. Whilst I am on a roll, it's a "PIN", not a "PIN number" grin.
Welcome to Xilo - you made the right choice.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Edited by DrTeeth (Wed 09-Jul-14 22:43:50)

Standard User user7423
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 00:41:20
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I stand corrected LOL

I have an expected date of the 18th and I can wait, been a customer of Xilo anyway with domains and hosting, so I already know they are very good, that's why it was an easy choice. Thanks for the welcome though.
Standard User jdowning640
(committed) Thu 10-Jul-14 03:49:14
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti dropping Daisy.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

It would've been great for an email to have been sent to me notifying of this change. Yesterday my internet connection just dropped and I had to go into town to get a 3G connection for the telephone number for Vivaciti only to be told that they'd changed my service over and my details were incorrect.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Jul-14 19:25:05
Print Post

[re: jdowning640] [link to this post]

Library free internet service
McDonalds free Wifi

both could have been used to access numbers etc..

IanD
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Jul-14 19:38:57
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Had my first Enta outage today, 1320 til 1700 until I rebooted my router. Stale session? Not best pleased Daisy outages used to be around 2am.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to