User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Jul-14 09:16:27
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti dropping Daisy.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Noticed a small amount of buffering this morning while streaming BBCNews, so that's another negative from the move - with the reconnects every couple of days (Sync remains but "internet connection cleared" shows in system log) and the drop in speed, I think its time to move on.

Given the misleading information I was given when I actually took the trouble to ask Vivaciti if the changes affected me, the lack of notification that the change was happening, and the degraded performance of my connection since I got turfed back onto Enta I think its fair that I no longer have any confidence in Vivaciti.

Vivaciti managed to wipe out any customer loyalty I had, with FTTC coming to my cabinet at some point (once Openjoke finally finish "reviewing their next steps)Its time to find an ISP that will keep me in the loop when stuff happens, and wont feed me garbage about an improved service.

Why do UK ISPs have this habit of shooting themselves in the foot?

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI - Enta. Not very impressed with the "Improvement"
SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Fibre.... no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Jul-14 17:45:40
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Hi,
Emails went out to all customers to the email address we hold for you, if you did not get this let us know your account details so we can check your email address is up to date.
I am sorry you are not happy, but we have to operate for the greater good of our customers, on the whole most have been happy and have had no issues, of course there are some customers who have not been happy, but we have to maintain for the overall best I am afraid.

We have said those that have an issue and are still in contract, we will release from the contract, we are trying to make this as easy as possible for our customers.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Jul-14 17:49:42
Print Post

Hi,
There were no reported outages on the network, I have found your ticket were you was told there were no reported outages on the network, from your ticket you did say when you rebooted your router the service resumed, it is possible there was an isolated issue on your connection and the system as part of its routine reset your port and brought the service back up and when you eventually rebooted your router the service came back up.
We are sorry your service dropped out but we can only report on a service outage when we are notified by our suppliers when they see multiple disconnects at the same time or when we start to see multiple issues being reported by our customers. On this occasion the only report we had was from yourself.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jul-14 19:39:13
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info Vivaciti, other than this one outage the service has been flawless, but so was Daisy.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Jul-14 19:09:48
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Fair enough. I left Enta because of the evening slow downs, the amount of packet loss I can often see in my BQM and poor performance overall Having returned to that which I left I see the situation seems the same.

Since the move, Web pages take longer to open, my sync is a little lower but my throughput is lower than I feel acceptable considering that my line doesn't perform well in the first place.

During 2012 with Daisy I was regularly seeing results above the mid 7 megs often in the low 8's and in Nov 2012 I hit 9 megs, since then I have seen a steady deterioration. The move to Enta resulted in another drop albeit small, but I'm not interested in going backwards, I had noticed no huge service issues with Daisy.

However your comments about the greater good tells me it is time to move again - Thank you for removing any lingering doubts I had. I just have to find out when they are dealing with the issues surrounding the twinning of our PCP and then I can make a decision about where to place my fibre order - If the situation means that there is going to be a few months delay then I guess I should see what other options are available

SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Fibre.... no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User packetloss14
(newbie) Wed 16-Jul-14 18:20:40
Print Post

TBB Bandwidth Quality Monitor

Here are my results with Vivaciti. No idea if this is "normal" or the source of some of the issues I'm experiencing with latency sensitive programs. It looks like >10% packet loss to me.

Could other users please sign up for pings and post their graphs?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Jul-14 19:18:43
Print Post

Re: TBB Bandwidth Quality Monitor

[re: packetloss14] [link to this post]

Here is mine for comparison on Vivaciti.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Jul-14 20:13:36
Print Post

Less red today than previous days - but its still pretty persistent

BQM

My Broadband Ping
Standard User tkimber
(newbie) Thu 17-Jul-14 07:58:19
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Here's my BQM graph just to provide another example of no obvious red (although I did see some when I was first switched).

My speedtests have gone down from 18Mb to 16Mb and from 2Mb upload to 0.8Mb upload (I'm on annex M) although there is exchange work scheduled for end August so I'm waiting to see if that improves anything
Standard User user7423
(member) Thu 17-Jul-14 10:14:42
Print Post

[re: tkimber] [link to this post]

My speed has dropped 2MB - 3MB overnight, as looking at my router logs, I have been having disconnections since yesterday evening right through the night until a short while ago. My upload speed has also dropped.

This was the problem I had previously with entanet, constant disconnects and taking anywhere from 10 minutes to hours to reconnect, which is why I changed from enta to C&W LLU years ago, as there was no resolution to the problem back then.

Thankfully, hopefully, only one more day of this and back on C&W LLU with Xilo and I cannot wait!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to