User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nickscs
(member) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:41:17
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti dropping Daisy.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I have just been advised by Vivaciti, (on requesting a mac code), that Daisy has started bringing in throttling from Isp to Isp, which is one of the reasons for dropping them. Has anyone else heard this ?
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Jul-14 17:21:56
Print Post

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

I've been having a few problems trying to upload a 323MB video file to vimeo.com New York USA (uploads to YouTube OK) over Daisy. Had to use my '3' dongle over HSPA+ at ~2500Kbps to get it uploaded to vimeo.com. Uploads seem to pause for a few seconds over Daisy which appears to cause timeouts and at ~850Kbps over ADSL2+ the uploads seem as if they will not resume over that distance to New York.

Don't know if this is related to the Vivaciti problem but if there is no improvement I'll have to put a ticket into xilo to check my TTB connection.
Standard User nickscs
(member) Mon 28-Jul-14 18:21:01
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Don't know if this is related to the Vivaciti problem but if there is no improvement I'll have to put a ticket into xilo to check my TTB connection.

Well keep us posted re: xilo. I was thinking of moving to them, but have had no reply from their sales dept, regarding my queries if they use Daisy on TTB LLU.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bernado
(regular) Mon 28-Jul-14 18:35:15
Print Post

Quote: Well keep us posted re: xilo. I was thinking of moving to them, but have had no reply from their sales dept, regarding my queries if they use Daisy on TTB LLU.

Daisy do figure in my Xilo TTB connection in a trace route to BBC

Edited by bernado (Mon 28-Jul-14 18:36:58)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 28-Jul-14 18:40:11
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

smile
Just a point of info re the forum. There's a Quote button next to the Reply one. You can also edit out the bits of the quote you don't want.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 28-Jul-14 18:40:57)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Jul-14 18:42:25
Print Post

Downloads and downstream throughput is absolutely fine on xilo/uno "pro" TTB/Daisy 24/7 - it's just the uploads that appear to be an issue for me at the moment smile

BTW. xilo do C&W also (where available) and of course 21CN.
Standard User bernado
(regular) Mon 28-Jul-14 19:17:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
smile
Just a point of info re the forum. There's a Quote button next to the Reply one. You can also edit out the bits of the quote you don't want.

Yes I know and it made a right mess of things, hence my edited DIY quote. Thanks though

Edited by bernado (Mon 28-Jul-14 19:19:24)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Jul-14 19:20:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by nickscs:
I have just been advised by Vivaciti, (on requesting a mac code), that Daisy has started bringing in throttling from Isp to Isp, which is one of the reasons for dropping them. Has anyone else heard this ?

When I first joined Vivaciti on Daisy, I couldn't use ITVPlayer or 4OD during the day due to throttling. I complained to Karl and he had the throttling removed as it shouldn't effect these applications, iPlayer was ok incidentally. If they are bringing back throttling like it was before then some services wont work due to the nature of the throttling/service. For once moving to Entanet for me was a good call by Vivaciti!

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User paul_liverpoolfc
(learned) Mon 28-Jul-14 20:13:15
Print Post

I've also had no problems with Daisy.

I'm due to move over to Entanet next Monday (4th Aug).

GPRS > 3G > HSDPA > ADSL > ADSL Max > ADSL2+ > FTTC in next few weeks > FTTP next decade?
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Jul-14 09:43:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
In reply to a post by nickscs:

When I first joined Vivaciti on Daisy, I couldn't use ITVPlayer or 4OD during the day due to throttling. I complained to Karl and he had the throttling removed as it shouldn't effect these applications, iPlayer was ok incidentally. If they are bringing back throttling like it was before then some services wont work due to the nature of the throttling/service. For once moving to Entanet for me was a good call by Vivaciti!

Yep I had exactly the same scenario and had to do the same at the time.

Had no problems like this on joining Xilo though so far so I do hope I won't encounter any problems with streaming as I will be one very unhappy customer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to