User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bua
(committed) Thu 03-Jul-14 18:25:15
Print Post

Please recommend another reseller

[link to this post]

I've been with Vivaciti for a while and they have been good, but they can no longer provide my LLU service although the exchange is still enabled (it's talktalk equipment).

I need another reseller.

It looks like Comms are best avoided from what I see on here.

Who else is there?

Edited by bua (Thu 03-Jul-14 21:58:26)

Standard User youngsyp
(member) Thu 03-Jul-14 21:10:12
Print Post

Re: Please recommend another reseller

[re: bua] [link to this post]

Interesting that you've had issues getting a response from Xilo. I'm in the throws of moving to them from Coms and they were very efficient answering my questions, mostly within minutes of me hitting send.
I did a small amount of research when deciding to change and Xilo seemed to fit the bill. When asked, they could do all I wanted (fast path profile, fixed IP, 6dB target SNR etc) and they're actually cheaper than Coms. The main reason for the change is that I'm hoping to regain some downstream throughput that Coms have chipped away over the time I've been with them. I'm down around 2Mb/s since moving away from Vivaciti!

Not much of a recommendation but, you may find comfort in the fact that someone else on the board is currently moving over to them. smile

Paul

ISP: Coms.... Soon to be Xilo
Service: Coms Complete DSL100
Exchange: SMYG
MSAN: Broadcom
Router: Billion BiPac 7800N
Attenuation:38.5dB - 40dB
SNRM: 3.4dB (manually set)
Current sync: 9786kbps

Edited by youngsyp (Thu 03-Jul-14 22:18:09)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Jul-14 21:29:37
Print Post

You can phone us but if our sales line is busy, we will give a message advising of this. We don't prioritise sales over support.

We have 0 unanswered sales queries. If you've emailed and not had a reply, it may have got eaten by some over zealous spam protection on the way out. Why not mail us again instead of assuming we've not done a good job?

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User user7423
(member) Thu 03-Jul-14 21:51:17
Print Post

I have contacted Xilo a few months ago on behalf of a friend in regards to whether they provided a specific LLU service (due to my friends connection being taken over by Coms) and I had very quick replies and they were on a Sunday (and I asked the questions via email on the same Sunday) when I was not expecting a reply until the Monday.

For me, I have found Xilo to be quick in answering queries or questions and I am currently thinking of migrating to them in the very near future.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 03-Jul-14 21:53:04
Print Post

Note that uno = xilo, in case you weren't aware.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User bua
(committed) Thu 03-Jul-14 21:59:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Apologies Uno. Post edited. I meant no harm.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Jul-14 22:27:23
Print Post

I am very happy with Xilo and have my hosting and FTTC with them. No probs with support when needed (rarely) and they seem very willing to help with things that I would not expect them to.

Very satisfied indeed.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Fri 04-Jul-14 11:59:44
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I moved to Xilo a couple of months back from Cons.com

I've found their presales support to be above excellent, with replies coming late at night and on sundays. I've had to contact them on a couple of occasions for Tech support and again it has been 1st class.

Good speeds, one major outage (not of their making) for which I got two weeks credit for!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Fri 04-Jul-14 13:27:40
Print Post

Another excellent TalkTalk reseller is Goscomb with prices starting from £11 pm (+vat) on a 1 month contract
http://www.goscomb.net/connectivity/broadband/consumer

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps