User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Aug-14 19:49:36
Print Post

Xilo - TTB/Daisy Connection

[link to this post]

Anyone on Xilo with the TTB/Daisy connection noticed any throttling on their connection at all? Beginning to wonder if the Vivaciti rumour is true. Any problems streaming 4OD or ITV player during the day?

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Aug-14 17:10:22
Print Post

Re: Xilo - TTB/Daisy Connection

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I am on FTTC with Xilo and go over the Daisy network.

No throttling evident. As well as that, I contacted Xilo about it and they is no throttling and their contract with Daisy does not allow its implementation (IIRC, natch). I'm raise a ticket with Xilo and put your mind at rest.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Aug-14 19:13:48
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Interesting, then Vivaciti's problem must be about money.

Tim

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Aug-14 21:26:05
Print Post

Were it not for the impending FTTC here I might have swallowed the migration fee and headed for Xilo. Vivaciti continues to disappoint. Just had a random resync, 8120kbit/s sync gets me 6633KBit/s Throughput according to vivacitis preferred Speedtest

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI - Enta. Not very impressed with the "Improvement"
SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Fibre.... no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Aug-14 22:17:46
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

At least you are getting FTTC, no sign on my exchange. Are you staying with Viva on FTTC?

Tim
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Aug-14 16:41:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
Anyone on Xilo with the TTB/Daisy connection noticed any throttling on their connection at all? Beginning to wonder if the Vivaciti rumour is true. Any problems streaming 4OD or ITV player during the day?

Nope, glad to say that no sign of ANY throttling on streaming media or anything else (so far!) since moving from Vivaciti to Xilo. Full line speed 24/7 pretty much ..... just like Vivaciti on TTB LLC used to be in fact.

The moment, if and when, Daisy ever start doing that then Xilo can say cheerio to my business. I'm starting to think it was a load of old cobblers what we were told about Daisy to be fair, would explain a few things on why Vivaciti moved to Entanet. There's far more to it if you ask me.

Edited by Lazza (Wed 06-Aug-14 16:42:37)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Aug-14 19:08:43
Print Post

[re: Lazza] [link to this post]

Did you have to pay a transfer fee from Viva to Xilo?

Tim
Standard User user7423
(committed) Wed 06-Aug-14 22:32:42
Print Post

I did pay a migration fee to Xilo when I moved from Vivaciti, but to be honest it was well worth the fee.

I went on to extreme 16 package (with C&W LLU) with Xilo.
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Aug-14 14:41:12
Print Post

Yes, I did sadly have to part with £40 + VAT.

But, I'm so glad so far that I did. If you've been with Vivaciti TT LLU as I was for some time then all I can say is Xilo works exactly like Vivaciti did at the start with TT. Well worth the move IMHO, bite the bullet and pay the £48 and you'll have forgotten about the cost after a week of a perfect running connection with no disconnects/re-syncs. smile
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Aug-14 18:42:31
Print Post

My cabinet is lost in the machinery or is it machinations of the Superfarce Cymru roll out. As the installation teams have "moved on" we may have to wait until Kellys or similar feel like a day out at the coast before we get revisited.

Staying with Viva? NOT gonna happen.

Firstly because I went to the trouble of calling them and getting the support guy to check if my line was affected, because I wanted to be able to look at this before any switch happened. I was told I was NOT affected, and only became aware of the change when my connection died. When I mentioned it on here Vivaciti responded with some words about how they emailed everyone affected, well hey guys - I called you to check and discuss the options, to be given the wrong information is bad enough but not even an apology for wrong footing me? In my book that is really poor customer relations. Add to that the tone of the response in the forum which came across as "not happy? Tough we think most others will be (or wont bother complaining)" tells me Vivaciti don't seem to value me as a customer and that has helped me make a decision about FTTC.

Sadly it seems that some of the smaller outfits are getting the same attitude to Customer service as the big guys. A sorry state.

Right now I CBA to move ADSL service when FTTC could be available on PCP29 in a couple of weeks, its a case of making do with a degraded service until I have the service I want available.

Just to be consistent we see yet another resync today. BTw nowhere near as stable as Daisy was. GREAT improvement guys.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI - Enta. Not very impressed with the "Improvement"
SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Fibre.... no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
My Broadband Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to