User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User parsimony
(regular) Thu 21-Aug-14 19:21:00
Print Post

Praise for Xilo

[link to this post]

Raised a ticket at 10:20 last night and got a reply 1 Minute and 20 Seconds later!
That's my idea of good service.
Standard User _Resonance_
(regular) Fri 22-Aug-14 15:20:47
Print Post

Re: Praise for Xilo

[re: parsimony] [link to this post]

Yes, their customer service is beyond brilliant. I've got hosting with them and have opened a ticket in the early hours of the morning and got a reply straight back.

BT Infinity 2
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Aug-14 23:47:53
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by _Resonance_:
Yes, their customer service is beyond brilliant. I've got hosting with them and have opened a ticket in the early hours of the morning and got a reply straight back.

They also help with things that they do not need to. Replies are often so fast it is like live chat.

I also have hosting as well as BB with them. The only thing they don't have is my domain registration which is with Heart (they are cheaper the last time I checked).

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caley
(member) Sat 23-Aug-14 08:18:45
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I'm sure Matt doesn't go to bed as I always seem to get a reply immediately also day or night. Xilo has best customer service in the business I say as many people like me have found out. Can't understand why people stay with companies like BT, who take advantage, when there are companies like Xilo around who always treat their customers with respect, are there when needed and never try to wriggle out of providing what the customer signed up to.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
Caley's Pet Remembrance Tributes
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Aug-14 08:49:41
Print Post

[re: caley] [link to this post]

Can't understand why people stay with companies like BT, who take advantage, when there are companies like Xilo around who always treat their customers with respect, are there when needed and never try to wriggle out of providing what the customer signed up to.

Xilo Fibre 75 Gig Plus BT Sport costs £47……Unlimited BT Infinity 2 with BT Sport included costs £20 for 3 months then £26 thereafter.
Standard User caley
(member) Sat 23-Aug-14 09:28:03
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Your turn will come and you'll find out you get what you pay for in the broadband world, especially from the likes of BT and Talk Talk.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Aug-14 09:42:47
Print Post

Been with Xilo for 4 years mate and generally i hate BT with a Passion as i hate overseas call centres with people that on some occasions struggle with the English Language.

I agree with many of your points mate and the Xilo service i have received the past 4 years has been exceptional,they do answer tickets and deal with problems promptly but in my experience and quite a few others on here rarely answer the phone when you are trying to speak to them.

Well unless things have changed in the last 12 months i have spent literally days listening to a engaged tone or a phone that continues to ring out.

Sometimes its nice to hear the occasional voice and your right in your thoughts regarding BT Customer service and there total lack and capabilities of fixing things promptly and general lack of communication given that they after all a Communication company.

But when they are throwing deals at you that generally saves you Hundreds of Pounds a year its hard to ignore,there are going to be far more unhappy customers based on the fact they have Millions of customers and not a few thousand.

My changeover to Infinity 2 was yesterday and it went as smooth as silk,I'm not going to praise BT for this as its early days and my experience with them in the past with Phone line problems has been awful ,this is my very first time i have used BT for Broadband,could be a huge mistake i know but the savings are huge and I've decided to take the risk and i won't be afraid to air my displeasure on here if things go wrong.

Edited by time2die (Sat 23-Aug-14 09:48:09)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 23-Aug-14 09:44:24
Print Post

£21pm is one heck of an insurance policy against Customer Service difficulties smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User caley
(member) Sat 23-Aug-14 17:25:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes I know that BUT what price peace of mind and the service you get for the extra. Some people, including myself, don't mind paying the extra for the civility other isp's give. BT have a virtual monopoly that's why they can treat most their customers with the contempt that they do. Just trawl around the TBB forums and see how many good thoughts are directed at BT. Not many for sure. If you'd rather pay less and take the risk of being treated like zilch then that's your choice. Oh and by the way as Plus Net is a BT company I wouldn't let them have my money either and wouldn't accept their service for free if offered. I've said enough on this now, don't believe in giving BT too much of a platform as any news good or bad is an advert. I'm happy with Xilo for the moment thank you very much.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 23-Aug-14 17:36:28
Print Post

[re: parsimony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by parsimony:
Raised a ticket at 10:20 last night and got a reply 1 Minute and 20 Seconds later!
That's my idea of good service.

Wow! Customer Service does exist!!!

I hate living so far from the exchange, the exchange that don't have fibre either...

Really wanted to sign up with xilo for many years but never been able to as it wouldn't be fast enough.... So stuck with the coax rats for the moment.

@networkmclaren

VirginMedia - Speed Test's: TBB | Ookla - BQM's: RS | AAISP | TBB
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to