User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bossian
(newbie) Mon 15-Sep-14 18:56:17
Print Post

Vodafone business a joke

[link to this post]

So my company have decided to bundle all their communications. mobiles, landlines, broadband etc to Vodafone. This has been going on for the last 3 months.

On Friday our onsite private broadband FTTC 80/20 with BT migrated to Vodafone. I was on site awaiting the swap so I could input the new login details.

I was luckily near the modem when I saw the DSL light go out. Strange, I thought migration was just a case of BT systems changing some setting. But after 2 hours the DSL was still out, not even flashing to show a reconnect.

I called Vodafone business technical to see what was going on to be told the VDSL service had been cancelled and I was now on ADSL!!

[censored]? It seems Vodafone only offer the ADSL service to business's. I know they don't do BB to consumers, but not to offer VDSL to business's when they only resell ADSL from BT wholesale is nuts!

So I've gone from a solid 77/18 service to 3.5/0.7....painfull.

Luckily my head office are as surprised as me and are going to migrate the line back to BT.

Unbelievable that Vodafone don't offer FTTC to business's....
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 15-Sep-14 19:04:39
Print Post

Re: Vodafone business a joke

[re: bossian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bossian:
Unbelievable that Vodafone don't offer FTTC to business's....
Where does it say they do?

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 15-Sep-14 19:06:07)

Standard User bossian
(newbie) Mon 15-Sep-14 19:38:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

That's the point.....on there site they make no mention of what BB services they do offer in their all singing and dancing business package.

The technical guy I spoke too said they only offer up to 8mb.

Seems to me that Vodafone should offer up all flavours of BB that BT wholesale supply

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 15-Sep-14 21:21:19
Print Post

Mobile companies find that very difficult.

The only remaining one to do so in fact doesn't. That is EE, which just sells a White Label BT Wholesale service, with no ISP equipment of its own.

Vodafone used to have a similar service but ditched it.

O2 sold out to Sky.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 15-Sep-14 22:15:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's all a bit confused http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17810568

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Sep-14 22:21:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by bossian:
So my company have decided to bundle all their communications. mobiles, landlines, broadband etc to Vodafone. This has been going on for the last 3 months.

OMG

To expand a bit further....

OMG!!!!

Try and exhaust all the usual channels, but if you are getting desperate, drop me a PM and I might be able to help a little bit.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Sep-14 12:45:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The only remaining one to do so in fact doesn't.
Doesn't what? EE offers FTTC at both speeds just like BT.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Sep-14 13:08:19
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Doesn't "provide" BT Wholesale connections. It just sells/badges white label BTW. It is a vISP, not an ISP with its own routers taking WBC handover and arranging its own internet peering.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User bossian
(newbie) Tue 16-Sep-14 19:14:19
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Well the good news is Vodafone issued the MAC today so we can go back to BT business for this BB connection, even if it's going to take upto 15 days!!

Interestingly, my companies IT dept. wasn't aware of Vodafone's inability to offer FTTC....the IT director is a tad concerned now as they intended to put an FTTC connection into each of our satellite branches next year! Like I've already said, poor show that Vodafone don't offer it within their super-duper corporate package. Bad business plan I recon.

On another note, the ADSL service is shocking.....

My Broadband Ping
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Sep-14 21:06:08
Print Post

Vodafone took over C&W's network.

Perhaps your exchange doesn't have C&W LLU, but other exchanges might have where they could do FTTC. What exchange are you?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to