User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Sep-14 20:31:21
Print Post

Vivaciti CHAPS issues?

[link to this post]

Anyone else having problems with Vivaciti/Enta tonight?

My connection has been off for most of the last hour with the Fritz reporting CHAPS authentication error...

I tried to put in a call a few times. the firts saw the waiting time just going up and up, when the connection dropped a second time I was caller 16 (!!) in the queue, and my last attempt was met with engaged once I had navigated the menu, which really isnt a good way to handle congestion.

If only Superfarce Wales would get their fingers out and sort our cab I could get on and migrate.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI - Now back with Enta - Improving steadily BACKWARDS
SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Superfarce Cymru to get our upgrade to Fibre done.... 10+ years of instability and mystery resyncs - no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
BQM - for fans of regular packet loss
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Sep-14 20:35:56
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti CHAPS issues?

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Not seeing a chaps issue I assumed DNS, router has been connected but sites including this one have been randomly disappearing, assumed it was DNS issue so searching for a new one.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Sep-14 20:38:52
Print Post

Enta has a status up "investigating an issue in telehouse east!"

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14044...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Sep-14 20:41:12
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I started having "site access issues" and then noticed Adium was off line. Checking the fritz log revealed that although we had sync there was no active connection.

30.09.14 20:24:54 Internet connection established successfully. IP address: xx.xx.xxx.x, DNS server: 195.74.113.58 and 195.74.113.62, Gateway: 188.39.0.42
30.09.14 20:10:51 Log in with Internet service provider failed. CHAP authentication failure, unit 7157
30.09.14 20:09:22 Log in with Internet service provider failed. CHAP authentication failure, unit 1355
30.09.14 20:07:53 Log in with Internet service provider failed. CHAP authentication failure, unit 15521
30.09.14 20:06:22 Log in with Internet service provider failed. CHAP authentication failure, unit 12950
30.09.14 20:05:42 Timeout during PPP negotiation.
30.09.14 20:05:42 Internet connection cleared.

At first I though it was just the usual issue with this clapped out copper pair randomly deciding to have a few minute off as it has tended to do for the last 10 years or so.

SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Superfarce Cymru to get our upgrade to Fibre done.... 10+ years of instability and mystery resyncs - no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Oct-14 21:01:46
Print Post

I notice the BQM reports more outages overnight, checking the Fritzbox shows outages at 04.23 to 04.40 and 04.48 to 04.55, both with CHAPS errors showing, and I have another outage at 13.40 to 1344, this time the error is the more usual (for my dodgy service) "Log in with Internet service provider failed. Terminated LCP"

Print Thread

Jump to