User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DG101
(member) Wed 08-Oct-14 20:50:25
Print Post

COMS - Usless Customer Service

[link to this post]

Well, what a struggle that was! I powered down my router overnight on 28-29/09. It's something I do about once per month. Next morning (29/09) the router synced with the exchange at full speed (8128 kb/s before you ask) but wouldn't authenticate. Same story every day since.

COMS support suggested

a) power off, wait anything from 5 to 20 minutes (the time varied depending on who I spoke with)
b) reset the router to factory setting then re-enter my userid & password followed by power off/on etc.
c) reset my userid
d) they would dispatch an BT engineer to check my wiring & equipment. This I refused unless they paid any resulting fee

Eventually, after many iterations of a) thru c) they suggested yet another userid! Bingo! I'm back online!

Nine (9) days offline because someone, presumably at COMS, messed up my RADIUS profile.

Needless to say, I'm now looking for another ISP. Just waiting for the MAC
Standard User DG101
(member) Wed 15-Oct-14 17:51:01
Print Post

Re: COMS - Usless Customer Service

[re: DG101] [link to this post]

Addendum: Still no sign of the MAC I requested 7 days ago.
Can anyone advise the best course to escalate?
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Oct-14 20:01:52
Print Post

Tried ringing?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tonytiger07
(regular) Wed 15-Oct-14 21:21:43
Print Post

As suggested ring, AND raise another ticket. I'm surprised you've managed to stick it out this long. Thought I gave them long enough to sort things out. Hopefully you'll get sorted quickly - good luck!

Aquiss 80/20 unlimited fibre -BQM
Standard User DG101
(member) Thu 16-Oct-14 12:50:16
Print Post

[re: tonytiger07] [link to this post]

Thank you Tony (and Bob). My MAC appeared while I was on the phone to COMS. That is, it wasn't available when the conversation started, but appeared in the "portal" in the course of the "chat". Amazing coincidence!

Edited by DG101 (Thu 16-Oct-14 12:52:37)

Standard User aibreeze
(regular) Thu 16-Oct-14 13:37:56
Print Post

I could write a long long paragraph about how bad COMs are but credit where it's due, I had absolutely no problems getting a MAC off them. Granted I pretty much put their first line support in their place early on and presumably got my ticket raised higher up the chain before requesting my MAC. Still, good luck in whoever you go with, chances are the experience will be a much more pleasurable one.
  Print Thread

Jump to