User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikebear
(regular) Mon 20-Oct-14 12:58:14
Print Post

COMS packet loss

[link to this post]

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago.

I got a speedy reply to my email asking for help,the important part of the reply was :-

"The line is currently achieving a 1db SNR on a 6db profile, which i can see is causing the attenuation to be quite high on this line.
Certain routers are unable to cope with a 1db SNR and will drop the connection, please can you advise what router you are currently using?

I can increase your SNR profile to 9db, which is much more suitable for a line of this length (3092m), but doing so will decrease speeds to increase stability.
Please can you advise how you would like to progress this?"

I changed back to an old ZyEXL Prestige 660Series router and have had no problems since.

As I have posted before,speeds and service from COMS are excellent and my phone bills are even less than I had with the low ADSL24 prices.

I am the only one satisfied with COMS?
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 20-Oct-14 13:05:07
Print Post

Re: COMS packet loss

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]

My SRN is 7-9db depending on the time of day, so thats not an issue

Have you got an BQM logs running at peak times (7-10pm) as this is when the packetloss is noticeable?
Standard User mikebear
(regular) Mon 20-Oct-14 17:22:56
Print Post

Re: COMS packet loss

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]

Sorry.I can't show BQM using the ZyXEL router, it appears it's one that does not work with BQM.
My previous one was a cheap (£18) but usually good Edimax AR7167WnA.

I used recently it as a wireless router with my laptop and had no problems so assume pocket losses were not a problem at that time.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to