User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Nov-14 06:11:14
Print Post

coms down?

[link to this post]

Anyone else? Can sync just not connect since midnight
Standard User Chouxbun
(newbie) Fri 28-Nov-14 08:02:12
Print Post

Re: coms down?

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I got up at 04.30 and it was down. Rang Coms to be told they have a network outage which started around 22.30 - 23.00 and were working hard to resolve it. Router log had been trying to connect since 01:30 but I reckon wasn't showing all attempts to connect.

To be honest, not 100% convinced they hadn't fixed it in ~9 hours if they had been trying and came here expecting to see a lot of people not being able to connect.... No news on the site either that I could see.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Nov-14 08:17:26
Print Post

[re: Chouxbun] [link to this post]

Also rang em. Routine maintenance that went tits up and they're aware of it. Probably ttb mess up. Routine maintenance with ttb took Xilo down before

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User marvinmartian
(newbie) Fri 28-Nov-14 08:22:13
Print Post

Yup down here.

What makes it all the more annoying is I have a fibre from gigaclear poking up in my driveway and I'm counting the last few days for the final connection before I can be rid of this bunch of promise breaking losers forever!
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Nov-14 09:38:00
Print Post

I got told it was maintenance gone wrong and the coms engineers didn't know till 8.30 this morning. Should be back shortly and they will something on the coms fault page
Standard User Chouxbun
(newbie) Fri 28-Nov-14 09:47:32
Print Post

Thanks Bob. Fingers crossed! Although I was told at 04:30 that they were aware and had been working on it since the previous night. Bit of a time lapse there.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Nov-14 09:48:52
Print Post

Unless they meant the maintenance? Seems work was being done last night but something went wrong
Standard User Chouxbun
(newbie) Fri 28-Nov-14 09:55:19
Print Post

Nope. Helpdesk definitely said they were aware of a network wide outage and had been working on it. No word of maintenance
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Nov-14 10:08:51
Print Post

Did you ring at 4:30? I rang at 7 and was told the tech department aren't open until 8
Standard User Chouxbun
(newbie) Fri 28-Nov-14 10:40:55
Print Post

Yes I did. Rang the old number and a recorded message gave the new number (0330 300 9000). So rang that, put into a queue (go figure) and a girl answered. I wasn't sure if I'd heard the number correctly as the recorded message was pretty bad quality, but she did mention Coms in her opening sentence so I was sure I'd got through to the right people.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to