User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ComsUser
(newbie) Thu 15-Jan-15 11:09:30
Print Post

COMS don't answer tickets

[link to this post]

Here is a link to a screenshot of the COMS ticket system for my account.

You can see that tickets one week old have not been opened and that bumped tickets from December 2014 remain ignored.

COMS invoiced and Direct Debited me in January 2015 for services that ended in December 2014.

Draw you own conclusions about COMS.

https://imageshack.com/i/exxUxXg4p
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Jan-15 15:05:54
Print Post

Re: COMS don't answer tickets

[re: ComsUser] [link to this post]

Ring them?
Standard User ComsUser
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 15:09:50
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Trying that today.

Someone in customer services answered, transferred me to billing and I got cut off after 7 minutes on hold.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Amjad
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:45:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by ComsUser:
Trying that today.

Someone in customer services answered, transferred me to billing and I got cut off after 7 minutes on hold.

In a situation like this just contact your bank and get them to refund the money under the Direct Debit guarantee.
Standard User DooGie
(committed) Fri 16-Jan-15 23:34:58
Print Post

[re: Amjad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Amjad:
Trying that today.

In a situation like this just contact your bank and get them to refund the money under the Direct Debit guarantee.

Totally agree with that. However a better move would to migrate from COMS to another ISP of your choice.
COMS are proving themselves to be a total disaster frown
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 16-Jan-15 23:44:50
Print Post

[re: DooGie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DooGie:
... However a better move would to migrate from COMS to another ISP of your choice.
COMS are proving themselves to be a total disaster frown
[cough] tongue
Have you read the OP?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User DrBC
(learned) Sat 17-Jan-15 02:22:57
Print Post

COMS invoiced and Direct Debited me in January 2015 for services that ended in December 2014.

I left in November last year and they are still invoicing me, but fortunately I stayed with manual card payments so they can't actually grab any money. Coms may just be the worst ISP ever.
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Jan-15 12:21:28
Print Post

[re: Amjad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Amjad:
Trying that today.

Completely agree with that.

I think most people don't realise how simple it is to do this and it's no hassle. Claim back your DD fees from the very date you started paying Coms and trust me they will then take notice of you, you are perfectly entitled to do that too. Empower yourself against their dire customer service and stop being a victim.

Once they sort the situation out then it is then up to you to then repay them any monies that are owing if you so wish. i.e. YOU are in the driving seat.
Standard User DrBC
(learned) Wed 21-Jan-15 21:11:35
Print Post

[re: DrBC] [link to this post]

And Coms have lived down to my expectations.

Got a reply to my ticket asking them to stop billing me; they claim my connection was not migrated to another ISP (it was) and thus they will not issue a 'credit on the outstanding invoices'. This despite me warning them of the date of the migration and notifying them afterwards that it had occurred.

(my understanding of the legal position is that with a monthly contract once I've notified an ISP that I no longer require service from them I'm not liable for any recurring charges beyond one month from that date?)
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Jan-15 21:27:54
Print Post

[re: DrBC] [link to this post]

If you have the ticket numbers (should be in your account area under closed or something) showing that you gave 1 months notice, then send them that
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to