User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User spon
(member) Tue 24-Mar-15 18:11:05
Print Post

Best time of month to leave COMS?

[link to this post]

Hi,

The answer to my question is probably asap but wondering if there is a best time during the month to request the transfer please? I'm moving to Zen as Coms speeds are erratic at best. During the day I can get 65/16 most of the time but come the evening it drops to < 5 on numerous occasions. We run a web business from home so need reliability. We are not huge data users but it's almost as though some speed throttling is going on.

Zen guarantee 40 down min at all times so it's time to migrate. The Coms support guys also sound like they are asleep so not hanging around.

Is there a best time to quit as I'm keen to avoid a full months charge and chasing for a refund. Zen advise 5 - 10 days to switch the fibre and another 10 to switch the line and calls provision (currently being overcharged by BT). I also reckon I can save around £15 per month, hopefully with a better service.

Any thoughts on the best date to switch please or just get on with it. I'm pretty sure it will be Zen but are there any other good guys who can do fibre, line and calls reliably. I don't mind paying more for a decent service.

Cheers
Dave

up the down escalator..........
Standard User DG101
(member) Thu 26-Mar-15 23:03:27
Print Post

Re: Best time of month to leave COMS?

[re: spon] [link to this post]

I think you answered your own question in the first sentence. When you consider it could take up to 20 working days to switch the phone line, you may end up (over)paying someone (BT?) for another month to squeeze the last few days use from your COMS subscription.

In any case, I think you should be prepared for a battle with COMS. Unless they have cleaned up their act you may find that they continue to take your monthly DD even after you migrate elsewhere. I moved to Plusnet who seem to be much more reliable than COMS, but some people on fibre appear to be having problems (not me, I don't have fibre). You may want to puruse the Plusnet forum.
Standard User spon
(member) Fri 27-Mar-15 14:23:46
Print Post

Re: Best time of month to leave COMS?

[re: DG101] [link to this post]

Yes, agreed. Migrate asap seems to be the best plan. Are they really taking cash after a formal cease? That's fraud isn't it? Surely not?

Cheers

up the down escalator..........

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to