User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Apr-15 13:28:04
Print Post

Pulse8 Fix.

[link to this post]

Thanks to a Pulse8 promise of no charge whatever the outcome, the Special Faults Engineer they ordered was able to finally sort my troublesome line. Been ongoing for many months dropping every day and took a change of supplier to get some action. A happy bunny ready to now switch to no contract tie-in fibre for less than previously paying. Never seen such a flat download graph line.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/78e5ee4fbf6...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Edited by professor973 (Wed 29-Apr-15 13:31:28)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 29-Apr-15 14:20:43
Print Post

Re: Pulse8 Fix.

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Does look good!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Apr-15 14:37:49
Print Post

Out of curiosity, what did he identify was the cause of the line problems?

Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (60/20Mb FTTC) | IPv6 via HE | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Apr-15 18:59:16
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mixt:
Out of curiosity, what did he identify was the cause of the line problems?

A very good Openreach engineer spent two and a half hours. Turned up with none of the data error info that was forwarded to TT. Line physically tested OK and they are not allowed to touch anything unless the line errors. he found my BB 5Mb down to everyone else at the cab, so he switched me to another line between the cab and exchange frame. reckons I have some nasty alloy along my copper. Adam at Pulse8 has switched me to fastpath, so lower latency and hopefully no more getting sat out when holding a big online poker hand smile Not sure if DLM still has a grip to loosen over time after the disconnections of today. A happy bunny now - Good TT Broadband and a very good reseller customer service. Fingers crossed for the next few days.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Apr-15 19:01:38
Print Post

Does TT have DLM?

Tim
www.xilo.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Apr-15 19:05:22
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

The engineer spoke as if it does when I mentioned it. Said it should improve toward the two Mb more I used to get. Other than that, I am not sure and stand to be corrected.
Edit:- A quick Google seems to say yes. https://www.broadbandadvice.org.uk/Website/Special%2...

Meanwhile, 400miles north, our EE connection seems to be suffering a little packet loss all day. Possibly they are trying to sort the gaming problems.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/76beb863559...

Edited by professor973 (Wed 29-Apr-15 23:58:36)

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Apr-15 09:02:34
Print Post

TT does have DLM although it can be turned off on request.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-Apr-15 21:16:34
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thanks, but the only thing that will cure my line is switching from ADSL2+ to fibre apparently. After one good day on a different pair between my cab 300n away and the exchange 2k away, my broadband is once again worse after a BTOR visit. I can only assume ally somewhere in all lines, or an iffy line card which he refused to look at and cannot change without special TT dispensation. My ISP has jumped through hoops altering settings to try and stabalize, but as the engineer stated they are not allowed to touch lines that test OK, so the data fault continues with fibre the only answer I am told. Although I would like faster upload and download, the 14mb solid I had six months ago is more than good enough, so don't warm to the cost of fibre because BTOR cannot or will not fix ADSL2+. All part of the fibre push I expect. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/1bc1b3dd005...

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 30-Apr-15 21:37:54
Print Post

To me those step changes in minimum latency suggest active traffic management at some point in the system. Though why it should start at 14:30 is baffling.

Ummm. Or is it?

Checks - my thought could be wrong, but watching the snooker online occurred to me. (Yourself or many). If that had been the case I would have expected an earlier steep drop followed by a rise.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-Apr-15 21:47:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The thing is, this old flaky line is ok for a day or two, then will have a brainstorm. Once things were looking good yesterday, Adam at Pulse8 put me on fastpath and as you saw, all looked good with the expected lower latency. It stayed good yesterday with all hell breaking loose once again today. CS responded very quickly to my mail this afternoon and switched interleaving back hoping it would put things back to where they were yesterday, but not so. The only answer at the moment is a switch to fibre bringing my copper down to 300m. A job to justify when at other location a lot of the time, but it's unusable at times as it is and P8 have no contract tie-in for fibre, so will suck it and see next time here giving them some lead time. Still engineer install with them also.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to