User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 10:03:27
Print Post

Pulse8 Migration?

[link to this post]

Pulse8 have informed me they can't migrate a Plusnet FTTC line directly to one of their FTTC packages? Instead of Plusnet FTTC->Pulse8 FTTC, they have to use ADSL, so their procedure is Plusnet FTTC->Pulse8 ADSL->Pulse8 FTTC. Does that make sense or has there been a mix-up in communication?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 12:51:28
Print Post

Re: Pulse8 Migration?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

So Pulse8 have explained to me that in theory they should be able to migrate FTTC->FTTC but in practice their attempts have been unsuccessful, though they are prepared to try again. frown
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 13:22:44
Print Post

I assume Talk Talk LLu is available at your exchange?

Although is their fibre provided by TT or do they use BT for that? There ADSL packages are all TT LLU when available

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 13:30:04
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Yes, TalkTalk are at my exchange(I was on TalkTalk fibre for a while - didn't need to switch to ADSL to migrate). They said they used TalkTalk Business for fibre.

Just seems odd to me that they can't do direct FTTC->FTTC migrations - maybe someone in the industry could explain why they are having problems with it?
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 13:44:33
Print Post

Another question - Are you wanting to migrate phone and broadband or just broadband to Pulse8?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 13:50:40
Print Post

Phone and broadband ...
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 13:53:28
Print Post

That may have something to do with it - as i mentioned on PM there was/is a quirk in the system with full TT LLU migrations. Although that was a slightly different situation (SMPF TTB LLU -> SMPF TTB LLU) clearly their migration system does have strange quirks in them

Did they explain why the migration would fail?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jun-15 14:02:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
Did they explain why the migration would fail?

Not specifically, and as I mentioned they did say they were willing to try again - so perhaps they aren't 100% clear themselves?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 30-Jun-15 15:17:15
Print Post

TalkTalk never use BT Wholesale for FTTC. Neither do they take new ADSLx customers on BT Wholesale as far as I know. Other than Post Office ones, where TT manage the service.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jul-15 08:53:25
Print Post

Pulse8 FAQ on their website says any FTTC migration will first need to move to thier adsl service. So seems you arent alone
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to