User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User user7423
(committed) Mon 06-Jul-15 07:42:25
Print Post

Coms / Timico - broadband down

[link to this post]

A friend called me on Saturday, their broadband went down Saturday morning (phone is OK), as has their next door neighbours (the neighbours came back on Sunday morning). The thunderstorm during Friday night flooded some parts of the street, which could be the cause of broadband being down.

Who does he call, Coms or Timico, as he has had no notification of the takeover. He has already tried calling Coms, but just gets a recorded message, he has left a message, but I doubt anyone from Coms will call back. I managed to get a phone number for Timico for him, but that can only be used Monday - Saturday business hours, the out of hours number can only be used if you pay £30+ VAT per month for the out of hours service.

Bit of a shambles really, when they have not been given any information on the takeover and who is running their line now.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 10:20:33
Print Post

Re: Coms / Timico - broadband down

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

As far as i was aware before i left just after the takeover announcement he will still be on Coms network but Timico are incharge of his account. I had success contacting Timico before i left regarding my account. Coms Tech CS appear to have given up. What did the recorded message say?

All this may have changed in the month i have bern gone
Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 11:36:41
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

He should have had an e-mail titled "Welcome to Timico" on June 5th.

In that they did say "As you may know, the telecoms assets of Coms Plc have been acquired by Timico Limited and as of 1st June, we have taken on full responsibility for your communication services."

That's the only communication I've received and everything else is just as it was before. I presumed Coms contact numbers were same as usual

A ticket requesting a MAC went unanswered so I decided to wait and take advantage of the new MACless migration process, which should complete tomorrow.

I've received no notification from Timico / Coms that my service is being migrated so it makes a mockery of the new process. If my service was to be moved without my consent I wouldn't know.

I think Timico have some way to go sort out the mess that Coms made of the late ADSL24

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Jul-15 11:42:38
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gari:
I think Timico have some way to go sort out the mess that Coms made of the late ADSL24

That could be a reason why you've not had that notification. If Timico have not moved you to their own network, they probably have not had the notification from Coms and thus, are not even aware that you're leaving!

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 11:58:46
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Coms broke quite a few Ofcom rules so not surprised they broke the notification letter one.

Coms biling system automatically picked uo my migration. Timico have access to that as i asked so it should be possible for them to know
Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 12:13:17
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
In reply to a post by Gari:

That could be a reason why you've not had that notification. If Timico have not moved you to their own network, they probably have not had the notification from Coms and thus, are not even aware that you're leaving!

Matt

Yeah, as far as I'm aware users haven't been moved over to Timico's network yet, just that Timico are managing Coms' network so it's a bit of a mishmash at the moment.
Getting out now before any more changes happen which may involve being back on a BTW connection and not SMPF LLU as I am now
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 12:16:03
Print Post

Thats why i wanted out and confirmation that my account was closed. Didnt want them to think i was still a customer and try migrating me over after i left
Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 12:26:19
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I think that I will notify them tomorrow once I have sucessfully moved over
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jul-15 14:53:48
Print Post

I would. Billing department at Coms is actually pretty good, they answer the phone straight away unlike the other numbers you ring. The billing system should pick up that you have left, but best to make sure
Standard User user7423
(committed) Mon 06-Jul-15 15:44:05
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I do not know exactly what the message said, but it was tech support and he had to leave his name and number. He tried calling Coms again this morning, was on hold for ages. All I know is, they have no idea what is wrong and they said he is on TalkTalk service now, he was originally on C&W LLU with ADSL24, so who changed it to TalkTalk I have no idea, Coms? Timico?

All I know since his chat with the tech guy at Coms, is that the Coms tech guy can only 'talk' to TalkTalk via email. The Coms guy said if my friend had not heard anything or his line not back on by lunchtime, he would have to phone Coms back up. I haven't had a chance to call him back myself this afternoon to see if there is any progress.

EDITED to add:
He has had to ring back at 1.30pm, no one seems to know anything. Best bit he told me, was the girl he spoke to asked him could he email them, bit hard when he doesn't have a working broadband connection.

Has to ring back again at 4pm

Edited by user7423 (Mon 06-Jul-15 16:00:36)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to