User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Wed 08-Jul-15 22:11:04
Print Post

Coms Broadband migration to Timico

[link to this post]

Hi there,

For anyone with a Coms Broadband service (previously Cloud XL, Actimax or ADSL24) we've kicked off the process to migrate the ADSL, FTTC onto our own equivalent network with BT or TalkTalk. We're sending the below email out in batches over the next few days:

Important: Coms Broadband service migration

Dear (name),

You should have received an email from Coms.com in May advising you that your service was transferring to Timico. We are now beginning to merge the Coms network into Timico and as a result will be migrating your broadband line onto our network at the end of July. You can find out more about us on our website.

This email contains important information about some changes you will need to make to maintain your broadband internet connection.

Account code: xxxxx
Phone number(s): xxxxxxx

What is happening?
During the week beginning 20th July 2015, your current broadband service will switch from the Coms network onto the Timico network. When this happens your line will lose connectivity for about 15 minutes. After this you will need to update some of the details in your router in order to connect to the Timico network.

The price, download speed and monthly usage allowance of your current service will remain unchanged. Timico operates a high quality broadband network which is relied on by many thousands of businesses and home users nationwide.

What happens next and what else do I need to do?
If you have already cancelled your broadband service, or are about to cancel your broadband service please email provisioning@coms.com or call 0330 300 1000 and we will remove you from this migration to the Timico network.

We will send you a second email several days before your line is due to transfer to Timico. In that email we’ll confirm on which day your line will migrate. It will include a new username and new password which you must use. The email we send you will also include links to further FAQs and instructions for how to update your router.
We will also be allocating new dynamic IP addresses. Please contact us if you require a block of static IP addresses.

How can I contact Timico?
If you have any questions about what is happening, or what you need to do, please reply to this email, visit www.timico.co.uk/contact-us or call us on 01636 858919.

There will be more info and an FAQ in the second email we send in a week or so, but I'll happily answer questions here?

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Jul-15 23:44:36
Print Post

Re: Coms Broadband migration to Timico

[re: Neil_A] [link to this post]

Hi Neil ... useful information, thanks ... just a shame in my case it's a little late as I have only just migrated away (yesterday) from my old ADSL24 Coms service.

If I'd had known your plans earlier I'd have probably stayed and moved over to Timico as I have no doubt that the service you offer will be measurably better than the current Coms service.

E-mail sent to provisioning@ tonight
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Jul-15 06:18:55
Print Post

Thanks. Sent you a PM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User user7423
(committed) Thu 09-Jul-15 06:52:55
Print Post

Thanks, I have passed this on to my friend, but to be honest I still think after this weekends shambles of his broadband being down and lack of support from Coms, he still wants to leave and go to Xilo (once they are taking orders).

Xilo (Matt) any chance of a rough date when orders are being taken again for Broadband?
(isp) Thu 09-Jul-15 08:40:16
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

No worries, good luck with your new provider.
N

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Jul-15 10:43:28
Print Post

Replied to your PM so hopefully you will be able to sort it

Thanks
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Fri 10-Jul-15 10:59:04
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by user7423:
Thanks, I have passed this on to my friend, but to be honest I still think after this weekends shambles of his broadband being down and lack of support from Coms, he still wants to leave and go to Xilo (once they are taking orders).

Xilo (Matt) any chance of a rough date when orders are being taken again for Broadband?

Uno is back up and running, website wise laugh

CJT.

Now On Virgin Media Up to 50Mbps
Standard User user7423
(committed) Sat 11-Jul-15 07:18:53
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Thanks. I just saw that with bobble_bob's post elsewhere, I will pass the info on to my friend later.

Edited by user7423 (Sat 11-Jul-15 07:19:20)

Standard User AK47
(newbie) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:57:53
Print Post

Hi Neal.

Thanks for the info so far.

Coms were diabolical at anything as I'm still waiting for the email from last May. If I hadn't been reading these forums then I wouldn't have known they Timico had taken over Coms.

One question.

As an ex ADSL24 customer I had a static IP number. Coms honoured this when they took over, about the only thing they did, but I see you're talking about "new dynamic IP addresses."

Is there no chance of remaining on a static IP as I do freelance remote sys admin work and a static IP number is handy.

Cheers.

AK.
(isp) Mon 13-Jul-15 08:46:04
Print Post

[re: AK47] [link to this post]

Hi AK,

Yes it will be no problem at all to have a single static IP address. If you haven't already replied to the email you've received please do so, to tell us you want a static address. In the meantime if you want to PM me your details I'll double check that we'll assign you a new static, and not dynamic, IP address.
Thanks

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to