User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stevepressman
(member) Sun 19-Jul-15 08:51:29
Print Post

Tomorrow is the big Switchover Day from Coms.com to Timico

[link to this post]

Tomorrow for me is the switch over from Coms.com to Timico, I really hope things go smoothly and there will be no hiccups with it all. Not sure when it will be taking place but I will report on it as and when it happens.

I can only say that Coms.com was the worst ISP ever in my entire time of being on the Internet and I can only say good riddance, they were a disgrace, deceitful and a bunch of cowboys.

I am now looking forward to a new journey with Timico and it seems like with Neil on board from them we will always be kept in the loop about the ISP.

Their operation I think will suit me down to the ground as they are a mainly business supplier and hence the majority of their network is in use during office hours 9-5 although as Neil has told me this is not set in stone. For the likes of me that just surf during the day and download during the evening this will be ideal as evenings the network is barely used by businesses.

As with most things the proof will be known in the coming days/weeks/months I just hope they live up to their word of better speeds and network capacity.

Steve

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 19-Jul-15 09:34:03
Print Post

Re: Tomorrow is the big Switchover Day from Coms.com to Timi

[re: stevepressman] [link to this post]

Don't forget PaulComs was just as helpful as Neil smile.

He didn't stay with them long though. He was either pushed for having the "wrong" attitude to the punters, or left as soon as he could when he found out what a shower COMS was.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User AlanMaz11
(newbie) Sun 19-Jul-15 10:52:03
Print Post

I'm also being switched over from coms to timico Tomorrow.

Edited by AlanMaz11 (Sun 19-Jul-15 11:08:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jul-15 11:00:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Paul and DanComs were both great in the early days. Even removing people from traffic management who didnt download much. When he left they changed that
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jul-15 22:26:10
Print Post

Funny how Coms are still offering broadband on their website. Be interesting what would happen if you tried ringing up to order it
ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Mon 20-Jul-15 08:54:21
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Hi,

We'll be taking down the Coms website during August and redirecting to Timico.

Seeing customers lines switch over and come online on the Timico network today.
A few customers who we expected to auto-reconnect haven't done, but everyone who's called in so far we've got back online very quickly. So call answer time is a bit longer than our usual 10 seconds - up at about 2 mins wait at the moment - but as more staff come onto the phones at 9am and 10am we'll catch up .

Neil

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User bob12345
(regular) Mon 20-Jul-15 09:23:36
Print Post

[re: Neil_A] [link to this post]

@Neil_A pretty shocking that your contact numbers are 0844 rather than geographical, 7p a min, plus an access charge that can cost up to 20 p per min, depending on phone provider
(isp) Mon 20-Jul-15 09:30:09
Print Post

[re: bob12345] [link to this post]

All residential customers can call 01636 858919 to avoid charges.

We included that number in the email we sent to everyone migrating over the next few weeks.

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Mon 20-Jul-15 10:03:07
Print Post

[re: Neil_A] [link to this post]

Wait time on the phones back down to about 40 seconds if you do need to call in

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
Standard User 400ixl
(newbie) Mon 20-Jul-15 11:42:56
Print Post

Got moved over this morning.

Woke up to find the connection down. Tried a reboot of the router as the last email sent said there was no need to change any login details.

Reboot failed but logs told me it was an authentication issue. So on the phone to lift music for a good 5 minutes.

Support were clearly getting lots of these calls so were fully aware of the issue and fix. New login details given and system back up and running.

So, recovered by the support team, but major fail by the migration and comms teams.

Why there wasn't an email going out to all users as soon as they recognised that there was a login issue I can't say.

I have subsequently tried to set up a portal view, but been told by support they cannot do this as the transfer is not complete and Coms will continue to invoice me for the moment. So I am now blind as to what my internet usage is as it would appear the Coms portal is not updating any longer.

But after the experience of Coms where I was looking to move away, this first experience is not filling me with confidence. Bit of a shambles so far!
  Print Thread

Jump to