User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Jul-15 12:40:47
Print Post

One for adslmax

[link to this post]

You will have to improve, adslmax. Your migration frequency record has been trashed! Two in one day.

For those who don't know much about adslmax, years ago he always used Entanet resellers. There were half a dozen or more in those days.

Entanet resellers had one-month terms on ADSL, but on a migration out the unused part of the month's subscription was refunded.

He did at least one speed test a day, and as soon as he got one 1Mbps below normal he would ask for his MAC, and migrate to another Enta reseller. He used some of them several times. Staying for two months with the same one was almost unheard oh f).

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Jul-15 15:13:44
Print Post

Re: One for adslmax

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

adslmax is a bit of a character but I don't think there's any need to troll him. tongue
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Jul-15 17:04:44
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

He's a good chap, much misunderstood, and it wasn't a troll.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 26-Jul-15 01:36:27
Print Post

Blimey - who has metion me? I used to be most famous for hundred of times migration on ADSL.

But since I moved to Plusnet with ADSL2+ then FTTC as I never moved to elsewhere. I been with Plusnet for about 7-8 years now and I should be very proud of myself for non-migration!

Also saved me ££££ for too much migration fees! smile

Rant over!

Edited by adslmax (Sun 26-Jul-15 01:37:25)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 26-Jul-15 01:38:44
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

smile
You must admit that migrating twice in one day is pretty unbeatable though.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 26-Jul-15 01:42:21
Print Post

I am more into Energy Duel Fuel migration once a year (switch over to save £££) now than ISP migration smile

For Fibre / Phone switch over (?) I can't be bothered as why should I? If I got no problem with plusnet isp who has look after me over the last 7-8 years with great deals, discounts, why should I moved away?
Standard User hectorgraham
(newbie) Sun 23-Aug-15 13:24:08
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

You could have a ball migrating these days adslmax, as you no longer need a mac code to switch providers! You could switch once a month without even needing to speak to anyone at your isp.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Aug-15 18:06:40
Print Post

[re: hectorgraham] [link to this post]

Not really possible if you're on FTTC where you'll be tied into 12-18 month contracts typically.

Edited by Spud2003 (Sun 23-Aug-15 18:06:56)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Aug-15 18:38:02
Print Post

[re: hectorgraham] [link to this post]

Yes I am aware of it. Thanks
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Aug-15 18:40:28
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Not really possible if you're on FTTC where you'll be tied into 12-18 month contracts typically.

Only when it first time FTTC activated then it will be 12/18 months but soon after that contract has completed then the customers can switch to any isp once a month if the isp is only one month contract on FTTC. But most isp want new contract again, so why and what the point to start new contract again. (THIS SHOULD BE BANNED)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to