User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 23-Aug-15 21:49:25
Print Post

Re: One for adslmax

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Got to pay for free hardware and sign up bonus/offers some how

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Aug-15 22:03:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What IF the customer already got their own hardware and don't want any offer just a roll on term contract (will be slightly more expensive than the offer one)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 23-Aug-15 22:05:49
Print Post

So you don't fit into their neat every one gets the same kit so support scripts are simpler scenario and they don't want you as a customer

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Aug-15 08:54:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
What IF the customer already got their own hardware and don't want any offer just a roll on term contract (will be slightly more expensive than the offer one)

Then you get to pay the migration fee. The one you seem to think is really expensive. That's the price of a rolling contract straight off the bat.

Probably a higher monthly charge, too, as the company has no assurance of ongoing income.

Pretty much the same as in everything else. The longer you contract for the cheaper it gets - see Three's rolling contract SIM-only versus 12 month deals for example.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Aug-17 23:33:18
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Once FTTP is installed, no more migration ever! smile But in this case, my FTTC with Plusnet haven't done any migration since 2014 and ADSL2+ with PN since 2011.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Aug-17 16:30:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
smile
You must admit that migrating twice in one day is pretty unbeatable though.

And let's not forget I hold the fastest connection time on a res ISP order. 23 hours from Order to Full FTTC services. (BT Infinity)

smile
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Aug-17 16:32:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:

Like I just did with Plusnet, I paid them the activation free and I pay about £2 more a month than someone on an 18 month term.

And I use the HH6 from Infinity smile

It's 30 days - so much better, my only other option was £65 to get Virgin going, but unlike Virgin, FTTC (even over Plusnet) just works.
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Aug-17 20:58:16
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
And let's not forget I hold the fastest connection time on a res ISP order. 23 hours from Order to Full FTTC services. (BT Infinity)

Not sure about that. We placed an order about this time last year, first thing in the morning around 9.00am. Our customer contacted us at around 2.00pm because an engineer had turned up and installed it (to literally everyone's surprise).

To this day I have no idea what the hell happened.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Tue 08-Aug-17 22:13:22
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
(even over Plusnet)

lol
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Aug-17 00:06:27
Print Post

Whatever turns you on. It's your money. I think you're mad and probably have far better uses for such money but to each their own. smile

Edited by Ignitionnet (Wed 09-Aug-17 00:06:52)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to