User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User spon
(member) Sat 01-Aug-15 10:24:49
Print Post

Timico/Coms - wrong profile, no support updates

[link to this post]

Hi,

We are one of the post migration clients stuck on the wrong profile 40/10 not the 80/20 we subscribe to.

I can tolerate a glitch as long as it's fixed quickly and support keep you informed. However despite a request for updates, Timico have failed to let us know the status on this three days after our original notification. I had hoped their initial enthusiasm was showing that they were much better than the dumbos at COMS but maybe they flattered to deceive?

Anyone know what's going on please or is it time to bail out? Even BT respond to support requests....

Thanks
spon

up the down escalator..........
Standard User spon
(member) Sat 01-Aug-15 12:48:46
Print Post

Re: Timico/Coms - wrong profile, no support updates

[re: spon] [link to this post]

Update - just managed to get through to Timco support and they advised that they hadn't actioned our request to switch the profile back to the correct one when we first contacted them a couple of days back. They couldn't comment why however. Apparently it's now been done but could take BT up to 5 days to revert it.

The support guy was also adamant that they don't undertake traffic shaping/throttling - until I pointed it out on their website that they do! He then admitted that they do "very occassionally".

So let's see what happens over the next few days. I suspects they are under a lot of pressure due to the migration and it exposed the cracks but I'll give them a chance and hopefully things will improve. It will be interesting to monitor our speeds once the profile is reset.

spon

In reply to a post by spon:
Hi,

We are one of the post migration clients stuck on the wrong profile 40/10 not the 80/20 we subscribe to.

I can tolerate a glitch as long as it's fixed quickly and support keep you informed. However despite a request for updates, Timico have failed to let us know the status on this three days after our original notification. I had hoped their initial enthusiasm was showing that they were much better than the dumbos at COMS but maybe they flattered to deceive?

Anyone know what's going on please or is it time to bail out? Even BT respond to support requests....

Thanks
spon

up the down escalator..........
  Print Thread

Jump to