User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User terryterryd
(newbie) Sun 04-Oct-15 19:32:13
Print Post

Timico accidental charges?

[link to this post]

To get straight to the point:
I guess my complaint is - Can I reclaim monies for a broadband service that the ISP could not possibly supply - even if I did not cancel the contract?

I have an unusual situation where I have - to my horror - discovered that I have been paying £12.90 a month since Jan 2013 for a broadband package (to my parents house) that they aren't even using. They wanted help setting it all up originally (ADSL25 - Sep 2007), so I agreed to set everything up for them and paid for it.

My parents then swapped ISP (to the Post Office)back in Jan 2013, yet ADSL24/Coms/Timico that I set up for them previously hasn't stopped taking the money. I pay for 2 accounts (mine and what-was theirs) and it goes out on one bill. I will be honest, I didn't read the bills close enough.

Is it my fault that I did not cancel? - I cannot understand how a company can 'think' they are supplying broadband when they aren't.

From experience, it was/is such a song and dance to swap broad band providers - so you would think they would know if someone was using the phone line! (as the old excuse for not being able to get new broad band was 'someone else is blocking the line - or has a 'tag' on the line - or you need a MAC code...).

Thank you for reading.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Oct-15 20:59:22
Print Post

Re: Timico accidental charges?

[re: terryterryd] [link to this post]

When you moved back in Jan 2013, did you use a MAC to migrate?

If you did, that should have triggered something off with ADSL24/Coms that you are leaving. It did when i left Coms using a MAC.
Standard User terryterryd
(newbie) Sun 04-Oct-15 22:29:50
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Looking through old emails/tickets from Coms customer service, there is one acknowledging that a MAC code was put in ceasing my parents broadband. However, the emails at the time were about me trying to access website hosting and problems I was experiencing at the time - so I missed that! Doh!

Edited by terryterryd (Sun 04-Oct-15 22:43:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Neil_A
(isp) Mon 05-Oct-15 08:45:47
Print Post

[re: terryterryd] [link to this post]

Hi there,
Pls PM me the details and I'll investigate for you.

Kind Regards,

--
Neil Armstrong
Timico Ltd
www.timico.co.uk
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to