User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alucidnation
(newbie) Thu 19-Nov-15 22:40:03
Print Post

Aquiss Broadband

[link to this post]

Evening all,

Just browsing through various service providers and i have stumbled across one called Aquiss.

http://www.aquiss.net/index.php

Does anyone have any experience with them or know of anyone that has?

Thanks

smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 19-Nov-15 22:50:28
Print Post

Re: Aquiss Broadband

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

No bad reports, boss is a nice chap who cares and posts here quite often. Been around for years.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Nov-15 23:50:29
Print Post

Aquiss its self as a company seems to be ok , not many complaints , but i think their weakest link is entanet, who provide backhaul for FTTC and maybe some of their ADSL services, and maybe peering?
Entanet have a few bad reports as other isp's also buy their wholesale services, such as vivaciti , and some others , regular slow downs every month (patch Tuesday) never seen any slow down due to microsoft updates , and really there shouldn't be any for other events , the fact that there are issues indicates that capacity is being run very close to the wire by some providers

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 19-Nov-15 23:52:33)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Alucidnation
(newbie) Fri 20-Nov-15 06:58:39
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Ok thanks for the info.

SO, with that in mind, maybe be best avoided?

My current contract is up in January so im looking to jump ship from Plusnet.

Ive looked at AAISP and their pricing and limits are just too prohibitive for our household!

Are there any other providers that anyone could recommend that offer 80M/b and unlimited downloads?

I dont mind paying a bit extra for reliable service and good speeds, which is what attracted me to Aquiss.

Thanks again!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 20-Nov-15 07:13:18
Print Post

The usual suspects are BT, TalkTalk and Sky. They each have their own backhaul from the exchange (if LLU) and will not slow down if others are congested.

In some exchanges, Zen have their own backhaul so they too would not be impacted by others.
Standard User user7423
(committed) Fri 20-Nov-15 08:07:29
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
but i think their weakest link is entanet

Because I was moving home six weeks ago, I had to find another provider, anyway had a chat with Vivaciti and yes I was hesitant at first about moving to them because of entanet, but things have improved, I have been on an entanet connection for six weeks now with Vivaciti and no hiccups whatsoever, line is very stable, no slowdowns and faster than my old connection on ADSL2 (no fibre here).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-Nov-15 11:20:23
Print Post

Don't forget that most Aquiss connections are monthly contract, so easy to move away. I think it will only be fibre that is longer. Also their line rental and calls are far lower than the big boys.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User tonytiger07
(regular) Fri 20-Nov-15 12:41:58
Print Post

I'm with Aquiss. Very happy with the service (though I'm not a gamer if that's important). I've got 80/20 fttc, not the cheapest but not as expensive as some.

I don't think (but could be wrong) that tommy45 was suggesting to avoid all ISPs that use Entanet - just that some had experienced issues in the past.

I'd suggest you PM user aquiss on here, or phone them and ask to speak to Martin if there are any questions you have. Always very helpful.

Aquiss 80/20 unlimited fibre -BQM

Edited by tonytiger07 (Fri 20-Nov-15 12:46:35)

Standard User ferretuk
(member) Mon 23-Nov-15 07:56:31
Print Post

I've been with Aquiss since August and haven't had any issues. I haven't had any faults so I haven't needed to contact support and test how well the 'manage' BT Openreach but I had a call from Martin within minutes of signing up for their service (FTTC & phone) and he talked through the specifics of my order and managed my migration from Plusnet as FTTC first followed by phone.

A request for IPv6 was dealt with swiftly as well...

I also considered Pulse 8 (needed to migrate via ADSL at the time - now fixed?), Origin (a Plusnet reseller outside of their LLU area) and AAISP (Can't afford them!)

Edited by ferretuk (Mon 23-Nov-15 08:01:29)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Nov-15 08:59:01
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
I also considered Pulse 8 (needed to migrate via ADSL at the time - now fixed?), Origin (a Plusnet reseller outside of their LLU area) and AAISP (Can't afford them!)

Plusnet do not have any LLU presence in any exchange they Rent back haul capacity from BTW Origin would just rent a managed service from plusnet but with plusnet's traffic shaping & secondary IP profile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to