User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Nov-15 09:09:05
Print Post

Re: Aquiss Broadband

[re: tonytiger07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tonytiger07:
I'm with Aquiss. Very happy with the service (though I'm not a gamer if that's important). I've got 80/20 fttc, not the cheapest but not as expensive as some.

I don't think (but could be wrong) that tommy45 was suggesting to avoid all ISPs that use Entanet - just that some had experienced issues in the past.

I'd suggest you PM user aquiss on here, or phone them and ask to speak to Martin if there are any questions you have. Always very helpful.
With these sort of issues they could potentially affect all enta customers regardless of which ISP they are with, If it was/is a regional issue the only those customers who where connected to those parts of enternets network would see the problems again regardless of ISP

The only other scenario that comes to mind if it was only some enta resellers affected but not others, would be the service type that they buy from enta,enta will most probably offer options on bandwidth capacity,over their network ,so those ISP's affected maybe didn't buy enough capacity from entanet, for their customers needs

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 23-Nov-15 11:18:07)

Standard User ferretuk
(member) Mon 23-Nov-15 09:39:18
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

My comment was perhaps slightly ambiguous - Origin have a small LLU presence n Yorkshire and resell Plusnet services to customers outside this area.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Nov-15 09:56:53
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

Technically, they actually resell BT Wholesale's managed broadband package (all in one) which is hosted on/managed by Plusnet.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Dec-15 18:51:06
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Plusnet is fine as I am still happy with my service so far. 74 days connection! Speed always spot on 75 down and 19 up every days. Seem to get better. But, the customer service are really bad but I don't need it. But, I am happy to pay less than £7.51 for fibre 80/20. Why should u pay more?

Edited by adslmax (Sun 27-Dec-15 18:52:27)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Dec-15 19:36:10
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Plusnet is fine as I am still happy with my service so far. 74 days connection! Speed always spot on 75 down and 19 up every days. Seem to get better. But, the customer service are really bad but I don't need it. But, I am happy to pay less than £7.51 for fibre 80/20. Why should u pay more?
For a start BTW are charging ISP's more than that per month in rental charges never mind charges for bandwidth used So selling a product at a loss is the way to go, but there again how much are you paying them in line rental & calls ?

Also the reliability of the connection from the Dslam in the FTTC cab to your modem has little or anything to do with Plusnet, that is maintained by BT openreach , so your appraisal for an uptime of 74 days should go to BTOR and your modem's manufacturer ,

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 27-Dec-15 19:40:28)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Dec-15 20:04:47
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

The phone call are no charge as it line only (no call) and there is no line rental charge as I already pay one off as a LRS. Just paying £7.51 (plus referral scheme discount) so, I am paying around £1.51 a month for 80/20. smile

As for my sync to the FTTC Cabinet over 74 days is a good reliable connected.

Edited by adslmax (Sun 27-Dec-15 20:06:03)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Dec-15 22:27:39
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
The phone call are no charge as it line only (no call) and there is no line rental charge as I already pay one off as a LRS. Just paying £7.51 (plus referral scheme discount) so, I am paying around £1.51 a month for 80/20. smile

As for my sync to the FTTC Cabinet over 74 days is a good reliable connected.
Good for you, But that isn't representative of costs for those who are looking to join them, also i won't miss the problems if and when it breaks, like within the next few months as that's the norm for line hr type faults to start showing , you will still be praising them for such a cheap service, after you have ripped you hair out and spent a fortune and lots of time on the phone listening to their distorted 80's music for over 1hr on hold in a que each time you need their support, really good support that is, but no thanks , it could be free and i still wouldn't choose plusnet or any of the other 3 big ISP's

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 27-Dec-15 23:37:04)

Standard User pantone
(learned) Mon 28-Dec-15 11:35:58
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

I have been with Martin Pitt at Aquiss and before that Vispa for at least a decade. My line used to be with BT, then Cable and Wireless and back to BT. Martin has always supplied excellent service. ADSL and BT's latest offerings have not kept up with Virgin so now I use Aquiss to host my domain name and website. As ever 100% service.

They occasionally have outages due to DNS attacks but they are fixed rapidly. I have also taken some of my friends to Aquiss and all have stayed. If Aquiss get broadband speeds to match Virgin, currently over 200Mbps, I shall be back for their line ASAP. Aquiss also offer a very competitive telephone service as well, and hosting terms are low cost.

A broadband provider I recommend with no hesitation in doing so.

(Is that okay Martin, a lifetime's free service for a glowing review wasn't it?)

not really
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to