User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sylphe
(newbie) Wed 09-Mar-16 02:59:02
Print Post

Trying to Leave Uno

[link to this post]

I went to Uno as a refugee from the Coms/Timico mess.
One of the reasons I chose Uno was the one month rolling contract as I was hoping fibre might get here at some point and that might mean moving again....

At the beginning of Feb we finally had fibre enabled. The best value provider was Plusnet so I signed up with them - all fine. Now it seems that the order has been cancelled twice at the Uno end. On checking with Uno I was first told that they didn't receive the order - and that as it was a cease I would be charged a cease fee! That was news to me, but then maybe I missed something when I signed up as the website wasn't finished at the time.....
Then I received another message from Uno telling me they could see an order - for a cease - which would mean I would likely lose my phone number! This is not what I was told by Plusnet.

According to Ofcom I should be able to take my number with me when I migrate to another provider. What is going on? And why am I having to act as a messenger between old and new provider? According to Ofcom all I am supposed to need is to put in my order!

Has anyone managed to leave Uno successfully? Why is this such hard work?
Standard User Johnmcl7
(learned) Wed 09-Mar-16 12:19:14
Print Post

Re: Trying to Leave Uno

[re: sylphe] [link to this post]

What package are you on with Uno? I'm interested to see how you get on because I've made the mistake of staying with Timico and looking at going to Uno until fibre is available (I've had the order in since December when it showed as available) but I'm concerned about getting hit with a lot of charges to change again.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 12:26:57
Print Post

[re: sylphe] [link to this post]

I think we explained this last night for you when you contacted us.

The order we're seeing generated from plusnet is not a number port, it is a cease (but this only appeared after your initial contact where no earlier request could be seen). This will generally mean you do not keep your number because you have a full MPF service with us. We have no control over that process or the order type they place. However, as of 08:06 this morning, they cancelled that and have sent a different (correct) order through. Hopefully they have advised you of that!

The cease fee is always payable on MPF services though i'm afraid as discussed because we're charged this by our supplier (TTB).

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Wed 09-Mar-16 12:46:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 12:31:00
Print Post

[re: Johnmcl7] [link to this post]

It was MPF.

Matt

uno Communications
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-16 15:48:30
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Losing my number was one reason I always avoided LLU. But when I joined Pulse8 resold TTB, i was assured I would keep my number if ever I moved away " We have a button for that" were the exact words. The post above seems to indicate that is not the case with Uno, or was I misinformed by Pulse8?
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 15:52:12
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

We don't decide if the number is kept or not when a line is migrated away. The gaining provider elect to start a port as part of a migrate or a new provide.

The first order in this instance was an outright cease (comes through as service cease by GP), they then cancelled this and then replaced the order with transfer with port.

Matt

uno Communications
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-16 15:58:47
Print Post

Thanks Matt - It was the "The cease fee is always payable on MPF services " above that made me wonder.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 16:00:12
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

That itself has no relation to if a number is kept or not. The retention of the number is down to the type of order the GP place.

Matt

uno Communications
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 16:34:14
Print Post

What happens with TTB partial LLU (SMPF) if one wishes to switch to BTw - either as an internal migration or a migration to another ISP? Does the activation fee possibly charged by the current provider or a gaining provider include a broadband cease and re-provide? Obviously the line rental, phone number, etc. would not be affected if it's a broadband only move.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 16:40:58
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

As long as that is a migration, there is no port so dealt with following the NoT system just as would be with a MAC = no cease smile

Matt

uno Communications
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to