User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User smsmasters
(committed) Sat 09-Apr-16 23:39:55
Print Post

Migrating to Pulse8 FTTC £75 Fibre Upgrade Charge?

[link to this post]

Does one have to pay the '£75 Fibre Upgrade Charge' if it's just a FTTC to FTTC migration?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 09-Apr-16 23:55:45
Print Post

Re: Migrating to Pulse8 FTTC £75 Fibre Upgrade Charge?

[re: smsmasters] [link to this post]

In your case it is a migration from BT Wholesale to TalkTalk Business Wholesale so not as simple as BTW to BTW.

Also of course it is only a monthly contract.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User smsmasters
(committed) Sun 10-Apr-16 00:02:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In your case it is a migration from BT Wholesale to TalkTalk Business Wholesale so not as simple as BTW to BTW.

Also of course it is only a monthly contract.

Understood, thanks.

Looks like Zen is the best choice.

EDIT: I noticed you're on AAISP, is that unlimited usage?

Edited by smsmasters (Sun 10-Apr-16 00:03:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 10-Apr-16 00:14:00
Print Post

Nope, AAISP isn't unlimited. Though they do have a rather expensive TeraByte product.

Personally I wouldn't touch Zen with a barge pole. Too many posts on here over the years where it is clear that on domestic products they roll over fairly easily if BT Wholesale or Openreach say no. I don't know about their business products.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User smsmasters
(committed) Sun 10-Apr-16 00:20:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Nope, AAISP isn't unlimited. Though they do have a rather expensive TeraByte product.

Personally I wouldn't touch Zen with a barge pole. Too many posts on here over the years where it is clear that on domestic products they roll over fairly easily if BT Wholesale or Openreach say no. I don't know about their business products.

Thanks for the heads up.

It seems really difficult to find a decent FTTC provider these days...Cannot decide yet...

Edited by smsmasters (Sun 10-Apr-16 00:20:15)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Apr-16 01:00:09
Print Post

It is very difficult, I would also avoid Zen for the moment, there seems to be some network issues that have been around since late last year, I also found that you don't get much different support to other providers with Zen and some of there policies are home moves are very odd indeed.

Right now I would say BT is the best performer I\ve come across, they're customer service sucks though... I plan to switch to Andrew & Arnold at the first chance possible.

I saw that you have LRS (Line Rental Saver) with BT, might be worth stay put and give the market a good looking over and keep an eye on known issues with potential providers

BTInfinity - 66000/21000kbps Formerly 116000/31000 - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Apr-16 04:24:12
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

To be fair though the zen issues only seem to be affecting those customers who connect via their London data centre, i connect to Zen via their Manchester pop/data centre and haven't been seeing what other have been reporting , (makes a change)lol

But I'm not on Zen's llu / back-haul I'm at the mercy of BTW

As for the OP staying with BT because they have LRS . that IMO isn't justification to stay with BT for voice services, there is cheaper providers out there Pulse 8 is one of them
They do line rental only , monthly contract and cheaper calls

As for having BT for my isp. that would be a definite NO It could be free and that would still be my answer

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 10-Apr-16 04:25:30)

Standard User smsmasters
(committed) Sun 10-Apr-16 10:10:45
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
To be fair though the zen issues only seem to be affecting those customers who connect via their London data centre, i connect to Zen via their Manchester pop/data centre and haven't been seeing what other have been reporting , (makes a change)lol

As for the OP staying with BT because they have LRS . that IMO isn't justification to stay with BT for voice services, there is cheaper providers out there Pulse 8 is one of them

As for having BT for my isp. that would be a definite NO It could be free and that would still be my answer

There's no contract with BT LRS right? I'm free to go elsewhere but won't get refunded for unused months I presume?

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Apr-16 10:49:54
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:

Well 'IMO' joining an ISP that has customers wantig to leave is silly, and taking the risk based on 'maybe' getting connected to a 'currently unaffected' part of the network is also risky...

Also there isn't much point in the OP wasting money from their LRS.

I'm not suggesting they should stay with BT but based on their reason for wanting to switch I wouldn't bother moving, if anything I would just raise a comaplint to get the line looked at by someone in the know.

Also Pulse8 has been considered by the OP but they are 'quiet rightly' not too happy about the £75 migration charge and I also beleive they are looking for a better offer also.

BTInfinity - 66000/21000kbps Formerly 116000/31000 - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Apr-16 10:56:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by smsmasters:
There's no contract with BT LRS right? I'm free to go elsewhere but won't get refunded for unused months I presume?

How much would yo lose out on by bailing?, as you say your right, LRS in non refundable!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to