User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User KINGMUZZAUK
(regular) Sat 20-Aug-16 11:40:03
Print Post

Any thoughts on Tentel 6 month contract Broadband

[link to this post]

Came across Tentel who do 6 month broadband contracts anybody use them or know if they are any good. Is there service truly unlimited or do they have a fair usage policy etc? do they restrict p2p etc. Any comments appreciated. With quidco cashback it only works out a total of £95 for 6 months of broadband including line rental.

www.tentel.co.uk
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Sat 20-Aug-16 12:59:05
Print Post

Re: Any thoughts on Tentel 6 month contract Broadband

[re: KINGMUZZAUK] [link to this post]

I'd also be interested in anyone's real experiences with tentel.

If you do an internet search, you will find quite a few reviews - and they are very mixed indeed. There seems to be some suspicion that some of the reviews are not genuine.

eclipse internet
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 20-Aug-16 14:04:45
Print Post

I'd put more faith in these people. A good reputation on these forums.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 20-Aug-16 14:05:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Sun 21-Aug-16 10:52:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I looked at Pulse8, but their cheapest ADSL package for me is £28 plus line rental - market 1 exchange.

eclipse internet
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 21-Aug-16 11:57:28
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

In which case I am pretty sure Tentel will be similar for you, if willing to supply at all smile.

Don't forget I was replying to the OP. Unless he has moved home he appears to be on an LLU exchange (has had or is on Sky LLU) and has previously looked at TalkTalk.

Like P8, Telnet are very likely to be using TalkTalk Business Wholesale. Not available on Market A exchanges, as you know. (There are now just Market A and Market B. 1-4 is dead).

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 21-Aug-16 14:52:20)

(experienced) Sun 21-Aug-16 12:14:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Don't forget I was replying to the OP. Unless he has moved home he appears to be on an LLU exchange (has had or is on Sky LLU) and has previously looked at TalkTalk.

I realise that, I was just making a general comment on my situation. My particular interest in Tentel is because they do in fact supply Market 1/A lines, whatever they are called now.

To the OP, I would take care though, feedback seems very polarised between very good and very poor indeed - which is always a bit suspicious. For him, Pulse8 may well be a good no-contract option.

eclipse internet
Standard User KINGMUZZAUK
(regular) Sun 21-Aug-16 12:35:51
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Thanks for advice guys. Basically my contract with sky ends in the next few weeks and fibre is due to be installed at my cabinet by April. So I was looking for a cheap 6 month contract so I could take advantage of the various isp fibre offers when the time comes without being tied to a long adsl contract. If I stick with sky its £28 month (£168 6 months) compared to tentel £95 (6 months). Doesn't seem like tentel have many customers who read these forums that can give there own experience! I have only sky and talktalk (18 month contract) who do adsl2 at my exchange the rest only have ADSL!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 21-Aug-16 13:40:09
Print Post

Pulse8 is TalkTalk Business Wholesale so will be there. Tentel will be using them too.

TTBW is streets ahead of TalkTalk Retail, and there are several P8 users on these forums.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Aug-16 14:42:41
Print Post

In which case I am pretty sure Telnet will be similar for you, if willing to supply at all smile.

Do love a good telnet session to remind me of times before ssh.

wink

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Aug-16 14:43:44
Print Post

Tentel will be using them too.

Based on their address checker, it looks like they may have direct BT Wholesale too. That is from the credentials they are leaking on that page.

Have told them but they appear to not want to fix it.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Sun 21-Aug-16 14:44:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to