User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Sep-16 16:15:29
Print Post

Beware Uno Migration

[link to this post]

I have an email confirming MIGRATION away from Uno and another billing me for a £40 cease fee, Plus v.a.t AND a charge for a months fixed IP that was free, from what was a monthly contract. Migrating because they cannot supply the FTTC promised as "soon" in January, something I now need for 4K - Beware!

Edited by professor973 (Thu 01-Sep-16 16:40:54)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Sep-16 09:26:21
Print Post

Re: Beware Uno Migration

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I believe we have clarified this via our email conversation yesterday but I wanted to post here regardless.

As you're on a MPF service, this isn't considered a migration but a cease as the line on the current technology has to end fully, the number is ported and the new service started with the new supplier.

The cease fee does not include VAT and you have not been charged for the IP address. The pro-rata charge is for the 4 days of service to the end of the notice period. Like with your other invoices it shows the number of IPs you selected with no cost next to it.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Sep-16 10:28:19
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

When people sign up and you put them on MPF (which isn't a choice the user can make) do you inform them that it means that even if they migrate to another provider they will still have to pay a "cease" charge? It seems unfair that a choice by the ISP to use a different technology results in a bill later down the line that the end user may not have been aware would be the case.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Sep-16 10:32:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

When you click order it explains there are costs, links to our terms, price list and states notice, early termination and cease fees can apply. The price lists also shows the one-off charges for each product.

Talk Surf is always a MPF service and the OP was aware of this from their contact before signing up. They moved from another MPF service. As we explained to them yesterday, if they had moved back to another MPF service, there wouldn't have been the charge but as the service is ceasing, it applies.

Our products are specific to the service shown. We don't change the underlying service technology, ever.

Matt

uno Communications
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Sep-16 11:48:07
Print Post

OK, thanks for the clarification.
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Sep-16 12:51:49
Print Post

I beg to differ Matt!
description Total
Talk Surf 100GB - 01787xxxxxx
IP Addresses: 1 Static IP
Care Level: Standard
Router: No Router - I'll supply my own
Directory Listing: Ex-Directory
Caller Display: Yes
Call Waiting: No
Call Divert: No
Call Barring: No
Ring Back When Free: No
Anonymous Call Rejection: No
Choose to Refuse: No
1571 Voicemail: No
Withhold Number All Calls: No (26/09/2016 - 30/09/2016)
(26/09/2016 - 30/09/2016)
£2.58
Cease Fee - Within 12 months £40.00
Sub Total £42.58
20.00% VAT £8.52
Credit £0.00
Total £51.10
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Sep-16 12:53:24
Print Post

You may have missed the revised invoice? This was adjusted as soon as the invoice is generated because of the way the billable item is added.

As you'll note though, there is no charge for the IP showing.

The VAT shows as £0.52 and has since yesterday and payment has not yet been collected. It was corrected less than a minute after.

01/09/2016 14:13 Modified Invoice - Invoice ID: x
01/09/2016 14:12 Email Sent to x x (uno : Customer Invoice - x)

Matt

uno Communications

Edited by uno (Fri 02-Sep-16 12:55:39)

(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Sep-16 13:04:16
Print Post

What I find a catch 22 situation, is I was in a no contract tie-in situation, but am told that moving back to BTW WITHIN 12 months, I am magically in a 12 month contract and have to pay a cease fee. After 12 months, it seems the fee free migration that I understood stands.
Also, I was billed yesterday for over £50, when my usual billing date is the 26th and nothing moves until the 14th. of Sep
Add to this, that I was told in January when I applied to join Uno, that they could NOT convert me to BTW. Every enquiry I have made since regarding FTTC, the answer has been, " We have no date, wait for TT". Others have seen that answer here.
So now that I need FTTC again for 4K and knowing I needed to convert to BTW, I looked elsewhere. If ONLY I had been aware, that Uno now could, and in fact have quietly been converting some from TTB LLU to BTW, things would have been so different, as very happy until now, but I now feel somewhat short changed. I have stated to Uno, that if I had a customer in the same situation, I would have taken the £40 hit, PLUS the v.a.t. and NOT charged me for one months fixed IP address. Seems Uno cannot afford that. Personally, I would have thought the good publicity would have been worth it..
Standard User 23Prince
(newbie) Fri 02-Sep-16 13:06:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
I have an email confirming MIGRATION away from Uno and another billing me for a £40 cease fee, Plus v.a.t AND a charge for a months fixed IP that was free, from what was a monthly contract. Migrating because they cannot supply the FTTC promised as "soon" in January, something I now need for 4K - Beware!

I thought you were with Pulse8? I am just joining them on your recommendation via posts so I hope that's the case!
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Sep-16 13:09:06
Print Post

But it is not made clear that under 12 months is considered early termination if you want to revert to BTW, but not if after twelve months. The user relates early termination to the 1 month contract and only thinks it applies to a 12 month contract, which they have not entered into as far as they are concerned.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to