User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rivageeza
(newbie) Wed 19-Oct-16 20:18:53
Print Post

Unable to join Uno, please help!!

[link to this post]

Hello all, I'm having a very strange issue whereby Uno are telling me they are unable to offer me a broadband service.

This is the message I get when I enter my landline number.

My current ISP is with Plusnet and I also have my land line with them.

I'm on an 80/20 FTTC connection and am near the end of my 18 month contract.

I've been shopping around and have decided I would like to give my business to Uno.

I would like to join their Fibre+ Pro 80/20 service on the TTB network.

Here's the strange part, up until the middle of last week, Uno's line check completed and I was able to get to the page where you would begin to enter your details such as name, address etc to complete the order.

I didn't complete this at the time as I needed to double check with Plusnet when I was out of contract.

Now however, whenever I enter my number, I'm getting this message.

It doesn't matter if I check my number for ADSL, ADSL2, FTTC via BTW or FTTC via TTB I get the same message.

I have phoned and emailed Uno, and they are unable to tell me why their checker is stating what it does.

When they punch my number into their checker over the phone, according to Uno they use an openreach checker not available to the public and the response is "no products are available due to current line status"

Uno appear to the only ISP unable to provide me a service.

Here are the results of some other checkers, such as BT's DSL checker, BT infinity Checker, TalkTalk Business checker, Zen, AAISP.

As you can see, every other ISP I have checked can offer me a service, and FTTC via TTB is clearly available on my line/exchange as you can see from AAISP's results, and talktalk business own results.

This is the link for my exchange.

I am at my wit's end with this, it just doesn't make any sense, even the mighty Matt from Uno support is unable to tell me why their checker is saying what it does. He basically advised that because it says what it says, they can't offer me a service and they can't really go into it more than that.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't know where else to turn, Uno say they can't help me any more frown
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 19-Oct-16 20:49:43
Print Post

Re: Unable to join Uno, please help!!

[re: rivageeza] [link to this post]

Have you told Plusnet you're leaving, because you shouldn't?
Standard User rivageeza
(newbie) Wed 19-Oct-16 20:55:59
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Hi, no I've not told plusnet anything. I am now on a 1 month rolling contract with them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Oct-16 21:06:21
Print Post

Not a great start from uno is it? I think in your shoes I would take my business elsewhere.
Standard User rivageeza
(newbie) Wed 19-Oct-16 21:11:54
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

It's not. They don't seem to want to help either, it's a case of "computer says no"

I just don't get how their checker says I can't get ANY broadband from them.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Oct-16 21:48:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by rivageeza:
It's not. They don't seem to want to help either, it's a case of "computer says no"

I just don't get how their checker says I can't get ANY broadband from them.

You're not alone, My line uses the BT Wholesale platform for both Phone and FTTC ,there is obviously a bug with their checker, or it isn't able to obtain the correct data
With Pulse8 for Line rental and Zen for FTTC

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 19-Oct-16 21:49:46)

Standard User rivageeza
(newbie) Wed 19-Oct-16 22:12:08
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

So you get the same thing? Being told they can't offer you a service even though every other ISP can?

I don't know what to do here, their sales team are unwilling to help and I'm sure if I tell them there is a bug in their system I will get laughed at, but what else can I do?!

It HAS to be their checker but they say the use an openreach checker. I don't get why those results would differ from BT's dsl checker
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Wed 19-Oct-16 22:37:53
Print Post

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherisp/t/4500834-...

Looks like Fibre may be not available yet, if above is correct.
Just tried, I can only get ADSL2+. On Fibre enabled line
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Oct-16 23:51:54
Print Post

If you are with Plusnet, then you will have a resold BTW service. In that case, Uno will not be able to supply you with TTB LLU, but should be able to connect you to their SOHO BTW based service.
Folks here may remember I had the same database lookup problem with Uno, where theirs read different from the actual and the lookup of others. In fact, that is still the case https://postimg.org/image/lp9aqph17/ You will see the reasons given don't cover all situations, . In my case, their database does not tally with reality, because I am waiting for my line to transfer next wednesday, or at least that is the reason given me by Uno. I hope then to be able to order Uno BTW based FTTC, though not so confident after reading your post. So it could be simply that you being BTW based is causing confusion when trying to order TTB LLU Talk & Surf. When the lookup is wrong you cannot order. If there is not a line transfer in progress on your line like me, then Uno will tell you to contact your current supplier, requesting they chase OR to sort the database.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 20-Oct-16 00:01:58)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-16 02:05:00
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Well i have changed suppliers 3 or 4 times since i first attempted to order bb from xilo/uno i was on ADSL back then on BE retail yet they were still unable to offer their BE wholesale products, when other ISP's were, all i can say is they must not want or need the potentially lost business,
there is no logical reason why they cannot provide services for BTW lines
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to