User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 13:48:20
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Does that mean if an exchange is TTB FTTC enabled and then if one took a Pulse8 FTTC/line rental package the deal would probably be TTB full LLU?
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 31-Oct-16 14:25:14
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Does that mean if an exchange is TTB FTTC enabled and then if one took a Pulse8 FTTC/line rental package the deal would probably be TTB full LLU?

That's exactly what it means. Their published price is for a TTB connection. I believe if your exchange is not TTB enabled, P8 will provision via BTW, but expect to pay more as a result.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 14:47:52
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Therefore one can fully understand the OP's frustration at not being able to return to the first class service provided by uno where throughput speeds are consistently very good on a very stable TTB connection and where additionally one has the choice of broadband only or broadband/line rental package deals either with TTB (where available) or BTw.

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 31-Oct-16 14:55:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 31-Oct-16 15:30:30
Print Post

Uno can certainly offer broadband and phone packages, but their only combined package is their ADSL Talk Surf product, which is a TT Business offering. The fibre equivalent is 'coming soon' according to their web site, although i believe they might be being less than literal with the term 'soon'.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 15:51:39
Print Post

It was last time and would be full circle for me and possible errors again. have Emailed to see if they can do BTW where there is LLU, but have not been answered and in any case may not alter what I have now if new exchange congestion, because Enta suppliers say no congestion on my exchange. I have also put in a ticket to Uno, asking if their checker continues to say what it does, can they ignore it and put an order in anyway, or is it impossible to order - Again no answer, so reckon I may be on some secret blacklist Lol - There is also the possibility of ongoing problems with Uno BTW based FTTC if the problem is new exchange congestion. The only answer to that would be something like the Sky network, but there would be a long contract and line rental requirement, which I would not pull away from Pulse8 again so quickly. Need to nail this congestion first, so a request for Aquiss to check out exchange congestion with OR next I think, though in this day and age, would think that automatic if a customer has a problem.
Edit: Now received an answer from Uno - Cannot push an order through as not built into their system. Fair enough, but the system obviously has a problem with a few numbers.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 31-Oct-16 16:16:55)

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 15:53:35
Print Post

It was soon in January and had been ongoing quite sometime then,
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 16:04:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Uno can certainly offer broadband and phone packages, but their only combined package is their ADSL Talk Surf product, which is a TT Business offering. The fibre equivalent is 'coming soon' according to their web site, although i believe they might be being less than literal with the term 'soon'.

Yes you are correct regarding the TTB Talk Surf full LLU ADSL product being the only broadband/line rental package that is available when I check for such products on the uno site. However both TTB and BTw FTTC broadband only does appear to be available on my line. One could perhaps take a FTTC product (either TTB or BTw) from uno and combine it with a BT based line rental product that uno also offer at this time?
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 16:31:28
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
I have also put in a ticket to Uno, asking if their checker continues to say what it does, can they ignore it and put an order in anyway, or is it impossible to order - Again no answer, so reckon I may be on some secret blacklist Lol - There is also the possibility of ongoing problems with Uno BTW based FTTC if the problem is new exchange congestion.

Sounds like you are fighting a war on two fronts or even the complication of either BTw or TTB which perhaps means four fronts frown

Edit: would a potential maximum allowance of 500GB per month (within peak hours) be sufficient for you if you managed to get an uno BTw fibre account?

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 31-Oct-16 16:55:47)

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 17:02:01
Print Post

I never had a problem with Uno 100Gb per month with evenings, overnight and all weekend un-metered.
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 31-Oct-16 17:22:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by jaydub:

Yes you are correct regarding the TTB Talk Surf full LLU ADSL product being the only broadband/line rental package that is available when I check for such products on the uno site. However both TTB and BTw FTTC broadband only does appear to be available on my line. One could perhaps take a FTTC product (either TTB or BTw) from uno and combine it with a BT based line rental product that uno also offer at this time?

Absolutely. Nothing stopping you taking the Broadband and Phone packages independently with Uno. In fact if you want to follow that approach, they migrate your Broadband first and then migrate your phone line over.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to