User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 17:58:19
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Absolutely. Nothing stopping you taking the Broadband and Phone packages independently with Uno. In fact if you want to follow that approach, they migrate your Broadband first and then migrate your phone line over.

So although not strictly speaking "packages" there are reduced line rental costs for uno broadband customers, i.e. £9.99 v £11.59 for non-broadband customers...
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 31-Oct-16 18:28:46
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by jaydub:
Absolutely. Nothing stopping you taking the Broadband and Phone packages independently with Uno. In fact if you want to follow that approach, they migrate your Broadband first and then migrate your phone line over.

So although not strictly speaking "packages" there are reduced line rental costs for uno broadband customers, i.e. £9.99 v £11.59 for non-broadband customers...

True. Don't forget the VAT on the Uno prices so £11.99 v £13.91 (or a £1.92 saving) if you have one of their Broadband packages (assuming you are not a VAT registered business).
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 21:50:02
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Would be nice if I could get a BT speedtest to complete at these times Martin. Usual nightmare this evening, so wonder, Enta problem or not, if you could please chase OR to check the possibility of new congestion at my exchange, something I need to double check to give me an idea what to do about it.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

https://i.imgsafe.org/7c0152e824.jpg

Edited by professor973 (Mon 31-Oct-16 22:05:30)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Nov-16 10:00:53
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Remember "This is not a Entanet problem" implying it was a problem here ?? - Remember me saying my problems started when we on Stepney Green were "Moved to new equipment" ?? - Remember me being told "That would not cause my problem" ??
Well a request to chase OR for local exchange congestion, which I have never had got the following reply.
Hi xxxx,

We don't believe this is congestion as such and neither do Entanet as there is plenty of bandwidth on the Stepney Green node these days.

Entanet are investigating a couple of issues with new traffic management kit, one being single thread issue, as you are seeing and the other issue with UDP traffic packetloss, that gamers are seeing. Both are under active investigation, though the UDP one is taking higher priority currently.
Kind Regards

I now have the cost of migration and many have been going round in circles, which could have been avoided if I was told this from the start. Seems my single thread is being throttled by new traffic management kit, with gaming suffering here as an added bonus!
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Nov-16 11:50:17
Print Post

Professor,

I don't understand your approach. You contacted us directly overnight for the first time in a few days, whilst you allowed this thread with forum chatter with theories.

It's all Martin mate in your email, you come across as decent chap. I supplied you with some new information first thing today, based on feedback we got late yesterday from Entanet. With this then you come here a post my reply verbatim and craft a further drama. I'm perplexed and feel it a little unnecessary, but that's my viewpoint.

Let me add. When you joined, you were not on new kit, no one was, so we could not have told you anything from the start. Likewise, as per my reply to you via our support desk, I've already agreed to end your contract early, when you decide to move. As was proven, we were not involved in any "Tag Gate" and purely failings on other providers own checkers.

I'm going to leave this thread as engage no further, but feel a right of reply on behalf of Aquiss was needed. I wish you well.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Nov-16 12:27:40
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

What do you expect, when I was told this was NOT an enta problem. I stated this started after the NEW KIT swop, but still I was told it was NOT an enta problem - NOW I am told there IS a single thread problem. How the hell to you expect me to feel, when I could have been told this initially, as it did not start yesterday, instead of it not being an Enta problem. I can do decent when treated decent, but I expect a reasonabally priced provider to act like one. Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I have NEVER had any offer to end my contract early, unless it's in a ticket reply today I have not viewed yet. Either way martin,without trying to be rude, I am just glad I am away from this nightly slowdown. I understand how you feel, but only ever post it as it is here for me. 'From the start' was I thought obviously the start of my problems. I posted enough times the new kit coincided, but I was told point blank "It could not cause my problems" Seems Enta have kept quiet about this for a week or two. - No more from me either.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 01-Nov-16 12:39:16)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Nov-16 12:38:33
Print Post

Possible that the Enta "active investigation" is causing issues with the uno xDSL availability checker?
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Nov-16 12:46:05
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I don't know - Possible I am on a secret blacklist Lol - Either way, my single thread problems on the new kit have at long last been admitted by Entanet. If they have kept that from Aquiss, then I feel for Martin and I would resell something else. That said, there are others suffering and I don't see why the admitted problem should not be posted on what is the most popular BB forum. I always thought fora was for sharing information, though it usually causes me grief and expense. We are seeing other ISPs with a previously good reputation suffering the same single thread problem - Zen being one and nobody has been ridiculed for posting about that.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 01-Nov-16 14:59:20)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Nov-16 13:10:44
Print Post

It sounds like its obviously an Enta problem which Aquiss (and/or Enta) were not aware of it when you first raised the issue. Martin has said he got additional info from Enta last night and has relayed it to you.

Its quite possible no one knew about any issues until then
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Nov-16 13:20:25
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Possible, but would have thought Enta were aware as having customers with problems - Not necessarily Aquiss customers, which would leave Martin in the dark if Enta kept quiet about it. Either way, a second bad Enta experience and not the place to be in my view. I certainly would not have knowingly joined an Enta reseller after my last experience. Anyway, have already said no more on this from me.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 01-Nov-16 13:22:11)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to