User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 28-Oct-16 17:56:36
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
There you go then, There's your way out. The rest will sort itself out
What way out? Aquiss haven't been stopping him as far as can be seen.

It's uno say he can't migrate to them for whatever the reason. Aren't you having the same problem with Plusnet and wanting to go to uno? - Edit - rivagezza! End of edit.

The finger points at that checker uno are using.

Sorry - I thought the OP was talking about a tag on Aquiss's line which was stopping him migrating to UNO - as he jumped to Aquiss to get himself back on BTW FTTC so he could end up on Uno BTW FTTC

And, last time I checked Talk Talk business were not part of Plusnet

Edit -yougotthewronggeezageeza! End of edit.

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 28-Oct-16 17:57:29)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Oct-16 23:27:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As you know Bog, been out to a club tonight and at near 11:30 pm, I would expect the nightly Aquiss congestion to be easing. Judging by a couple of speedtest results, I would say the usual unusable nightmare earlier!
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

So there we are - A product regularly unusable in the evenings, and cannot move to where I want. Honestly, it's enough to drive one back to BT !
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Oct-16 23:50:45
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Right - Let me get to the bottom of these blank TBB speedtest URLs. I am sure we have all followed someone's link to only end at a blank page. This time, I point the finger to Thinkbroadband. Two links to the same speedtest - BOTH a create/copy/paste from the TBB site. The first, is the one I posted to Martin that did not work and caused me the usual grief. The second, is a repeat of the same test created and pasted in exactly the same way. That did work. I can see what the TBB site does sometimes, which should enable us to edit and view these blank speed tests. Go on - Try it!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.HTML...

Edited by professor973 (Fri 28-Oct-16 23:54:33)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 01:05:08
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I'm confused

Every one you have put up has worked for me, apart from the one with .HTML on the end.

The other 3 show around 12mbps down?

So which blank ones do you refer to?

Edit: yes it's the "HTML" in upper case which causes the problem, the rest just work.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 29-Oct-16 01:06:29)

(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 01:27:47
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Yep, that's right - It seems TBB site sometimes produces a link to a speedtest with the HTML in upper case, which might explain dead speedtest links we come across now and then. Click on the one that did not work, then change the upper case HTML to lower case and hey presto. Something to try next time we get a blank page from someone's link.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 29-Oct-16 01:28:48)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 09:45:41
Print Post

and something for Aquiss to learn and take note off for the future..
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 11:45:01
Print Post

Yes - Not that is stops suppliers trying to make users look in the wrong or stupid - Many who are far more qualified and not quite as stupid as them.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 13:30:56
Print Post

And also are the reason they are in that position, No customers, No business.

Many seem to forget that. But it would be his loss - he's part of a "10 a penny" industry.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Oct-16 13:57:48
Print Post

I would avoid any Enta reseller's isp. Enta are terrible on their network congestion. I just seen every forum complaints about Enta. Few customers migrated out of Enta to join other isp and the congestion has disappear!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 29-Oct-16 14:26:33
Print Post

I'm confused here.

Prof wishes to migrate from a BTW service on Aquiss to uno. Uno say their checker says they cannot offer him any service due to some indicator on the line.

rivageeza wants to migrate from a BTW service on Plusnet to uno. Uno say their checker says they cannot offer him any service due to the same indicator on the line.

Plusnet have produced a detailed report showing no apparent problem. Aquiss may not have easy access to the same tests that Plusnet ran, as it will be Entanet with that facility.

The block appears to be with uno, not Aquiss. Yet you and professor973 seem to be vilifying Aquiss with a high degree of venom in your case.

The problem at Aquiss is the Enta congestion, as per professor973's Subject. End of, as far as I can see.

Edit - I think congestion on Enta, as also reported occasionally by others over the last year, could be specific WBC node related. Read up the WBC part of the kitz page. As far as I know, Enta are the only CP using WBC, i.e. all 20 WBC nodes in dedicated configuration. That is certainly how they started, but they may of course have cut costs by downgrading.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 29-Oct-16 14:38:18)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to