User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 15:31:47
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Me too.

No idea who rivageeza is. No idea where this detailed report on PN is - and my problem is the way Aquiss are treating their customer on a public forum. Not being exactly one of the cheapest I'm amazed he actually does it/did it

I read it as the order with UNO failed due to a block on the system from Aquiss. I got that wrong it seems.

In any case, the above is still wrong in my view and gladly my cash won't be going anywhere near his bank account.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 15:33:30
Print Post

Exactly Bob. I am suffering evening congestion and simply want to move. I would not say I was vilifying Aquiss unreasonably, just having to push for answers, then when I get them, some don't make sense - Like the answer I got to verify notice after me line left, along with no customer is suffering congestion bar me - Other than that my problem is with the Uno checker, which I am still hoping is due to my line transfer as only a few days, so next week will tell. Have contacted another provider who has not answered so far - The way of BB these days it seems!
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 15:36:45
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I wouldn't count on it mate, It does seem to be randomly messing up. It showed service on my backup line yesterday but today I too get the "We're currently not able to offer you this service" message and that's on a line/number with BT Infinity still on it.

It also fails on the TTB network number - so no idea on that.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 29-Oct-16 15:37:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 15:39:36
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

It is hit and miss. My dad's number gets results but he is only offered Talk Surf. Seems being on BTW FTTC and having TT at his exchange does not help either.

How bizarre.. Seems most of the country is being ruled out as customers based on the system's logic.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 29-Oct-16 15:42:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 29-Oct-16 16:29:38
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Me too.

No idea who rivageeza is. No idea where this detailed report on PN is ....
How odd. Professor973 has posted in rivageeza's thread about exactly the same problem leaving PN to go to uno, and you posted in the same thread once on Wednesday (later deleted) and twice on Thursday - the first of the two being a reply to rivageeza and the second to me after I explained something you had wrong in what you told him. The post after your reply to me is the report he posted, copied from what PN told him.

Now, in your post here that I'm replying to:-
I read it as the order with UNO failed due to a block on the system from Aquiss. I got that wrong it seems.
Yet you knew on Friday it isn't.
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What way out? Aquiss haven't been stopping him as far as can be seen.

It's uno say he can't migrate to them for whatever the reason. Aren't you having the same problem with Plusnet and wanting to go to uno? - Edit - rivagezza! End of edit.

The finger points at that checker uno are using.
Sorry - I thought the OP was talking about a tag on Aquiss's line which was stopping him migrating to UNO - as he jumped to Aquiss to get himself back on BTW FTTC so he could end up on Uno BTW FTTC

And, last time I checked Talk Talk business were not part of Plusnet

Edit -yougotthewronggeezageeza! End of edit.
You seem to have been confused since at least this post.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 18:53:42
Print Post

Re: Enta Concestion

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Usual evening congestion now starting to kick in, so expect it to worsen later, despite many folks out on the town on a Saturday. Sunday usually worse.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Edited by professor973 (Sat 29-Oct-16 18:54:26)

Standard User Delket
(newbie) Sat 29-Oct-16 19:31:05
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

It seems to be the trend now. I finally left them last week after months first of incredible slowdown and then when they finally resolved that I endured incredible ping spikes every evening making any sort of online gaming activity a no go.

Moved to TTB a few days ago and all is right with the world again.
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 19:36:45
Print Post

[re: Delket] [link to this post]

Yes, My TTB LLU ADSL2+ via Uno was superb, but the same service from Pulse8 was full of errors, that put me on 12db target snr and an interleaving depth of 64. Apparently, they route differently. Pulse8 tried their very best with my line, but the switch away at least proved the errors were due to nothing local here between me and my exchange, and why I want to stick to BTW based service now I am back to it. Surprised you suffered congestion, as according to Aquiss I am the only one ! - As for gaming, it's not exactly high end here, but cannot even play online poker in the evening without getting sat out mid hand due to latency.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 29-Oct-16 19:40:03)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-16 22:00:17
Print Post

Well, I do have a grade 2 brain tumor and it's been getting worse in 2016 so with any luck i'll totally lose the plot in 2017, or die. which ever bit of good luck comes first! smile

Until then, please allow me to get confused, it's about the only thing that fills my day!
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 22:29:24
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Usual nightly rubbish unusable service. "however" - BT test done immediately after, the results of which should be available to you, for what good it will do I'm not sure. It seems to be a multi-threaded test, with the usual footnote, that anything over 4Mbps is acceptable as we come to expect from BT.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to