User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 29-Oct-16 22:59:48
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

When doing BT tests, I assume you are going past the initial results page to the "Further diagnosics". I'm not sure the initial result is available to ISPs - the further diagnostics should be.

A lot more information is given there. The content of the downstream and upstream text boxes are easily copy and pasted so we could all see what is going on there.

The multi-thread test they run is of course innately biased in favour of BT Wholesale. That's the whole point of the tbb single v multi-stream test.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-16 23:21:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes Bob - Realised I needed to push on to further diagnostics and that I needed the BT test for a ISP to have access. Something even someone as senile as me knows if he has been here a while. As I said, not sure BT will show interest if over 4Mbps. Either way, I have congestion in the evenings, and despite it supposedly not an Entanet problem for anybody but me, I am finding more sufferers. Coincidence or not, I am on the same Stepney Green node I was when with Freeola. You may remember I suffered the same. Nine times from ten is was node overload, but the crafty blighters have hidden the node monitors, which I feel speaks volumes.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 29-Oct-16 23:23:11)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 29-Oct-16 23:47:39
Print Post

The TAP2 and TAP3 tests, and the red graphs, I think are based on either the raw sync or more probably the IP Profile.

I'm just trying to ensure that Aquiss can see those results, really smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 29-Oct-16 23:48:20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 00:05:36
Print Post

I don't think it's an Aquiss problem, but an old Enta one. I think Martin is doing his best to shore up the brand he has chosen to resell. Obviously I will have a moan if I feel I am wronged or included in a sweeping statement like nobody on Enta has a problem but me. I am sure as I can be there is no problem between me an my exchange, with no congestion on it with other suppliers. I am not perfect and post many errors without checking, but I correct those I pick up, apologise where necessary and soldier on, though I always try to say it as it is - Don't always go down well does it Bob - Probably an age thing Lol.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 30-Oct-16 00:36:38
Print Post

LOL
And agree.
I just got rather annoyed by the completely unwarranted multiple attacks by a non-involved 23Prince based on not a lot. Which is why earlier I replied to him not you.

Aquiss may or may not have handled this well from a customer relationship point of view. Note the "may". As an unbiased observer of many years experience here and having supplied computer services myself for my whole career I can see it from their side as well.

You have justified annoyance.

He just wants to shout his mouth off, and in this case (not all) is up the creek and distorting your own judgement and posts about the situation you are in.

There are two issues. The Enta congestion, and your not being able to migrate away.

The first is not the dispute. It is the legitimate reason for your wishing to migrate away. The second is clearly not Aquiss's fault. It is the uno checker.

You are inconvenienced, annoyed, and upset. I understand and accept that. He is simply causing strife and a bad atmosphere for the sake of it.

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 00:58:43
Print Post

Yes Bob, you are far deeper into the nooks and crannies of Broadband, whereas my interests are spread over several hobbies. That said, I think most of us have been accused of bias at some point ..... Not that we would agree Lol - Should be able to get a game of poker in now without getting sat out. Clocks back tonight so get another hour from somewhere, which will probably leave us feeling jet lagged for a while.
Edit: Scrap that game of Poker. 1:40am and still unusable, though I see the TBB clock had been put back an hour before the 2:00am time change! If nothing changes by midweek I will just migrate to somewhere that will put up with me - That bad, even find myself considering PN FTTC hung onto my P8 line Lol
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Edited by professor973 (Sun 30-Oct-16 01:47:56)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sun 30-Oct-16 09:29:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
When doing BT tests, I assume you are going past the initial results page to the "Further diagnosics". I'm not sure the initial result is available to ISPs - the further diagnostics should be.

You are correct, it's not - but a max of 3 TAP2 tests are.It's all based on IP Profile what is achieveable and what is current

And you just want to butt in to everyone's problems on the assumption you are the all seeing Messiah of broadband. And yet I don't - You have your nice little self built knowledge base website - And I have access to all the toys ISP wise - you are as un involved as I am - however we all have the right to air our opinion. And mine was that Martin's attitude towards his customer was unfair and rude. If you disagree then you clearly have no idea how people should speak to others, which is evident anyway

I'll stay out of the thread from now on, which I am sure will please everyone.

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 30-Oct-16 09:35:06)

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 09:39:19
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Which probably explains why Pulse8 always requested three speedtests, which I expect makes them a little more up to speed than some claim.
Woke to silence from the Internet radio this morning - Another of those 'Not an Enta problem' weekend events. Didn't bother to try and phone this time and put it down to a fault here - Cutting out the middle man Lol
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/59d47634009...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 30-Oct-16 09:40:47
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The Further Diagnostics page is not TAP2. It is TAP1.

In the days before the network-independent phase was introduced the test gave the Further Diagnostics as the initial result. What happens now is that the speed test has been made phone number and network independent. All the Further Diagnotics button does is ask for the phone number to retrieve the IP Profiles and compare with the test results.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 30-Oct-16 09:47:15)

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 09:42:39
Print Post

Bob - My reply below, was before 23**** did his edit to take a pop at you - Don't want to end the meat in the sandwich as usual lol
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to