User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 30-Oct-16 10:00:06
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

smile
I know you aren't having a go at me. Neither am I having a go at you. Just trying to point out where the technical problem lies.

When 23 starts saying he hasn't a clue who rivageeza is or anything about a Plusnet report to that customer who has the same problem as you, being rude to me in the process, two days after his three posts in the relevant thread in the Plusnet forum, he is going to get a robust reply.

I'm not the only person to have corrected him of factual errors about how various systems work since he popped up. The frequency of completely wrong and misleading replies to people with problems, where correction was essential, has thankfully decreased.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 11:33:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's OK Bob, I know you were not having a go at me - We are past having a go at each other long ago. It's just that I was pointing out that I replied to 23 before he edited his post to have a go at you, and that I would not have replied to him after his edit. Didn't want you to think I was taking sides against you - As for my problems with suppliers, as you know, I can stand up for myself if I think I am treated less than fairly, which gets me into enough scrapes as it is without inviting more Lol
Must be daytime smile
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Edited by professor973 (Sun 30-Oct-16 11:39:00)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 13:01:31
Print Post

Sorry but I've lost track of your problems since you left uno TTB full LLU ADSL2+. I thought you wanted TTB FTTC to enable streaming of 4K video content but uno were enable to offer it on your line at that time so you migrated to Aquiss with a view to getting BTw FTTC. Initially with Aquiss you were on a ADSL2+ Enta connection and that has proved unsatisfactory and rather than stay with Aquiss and upgrade to FTTC you wish to migrate back to uno. The migration back to uno will be for BTw FTTC but for unknown reasons (according to uno) there is a problem with your line and they are unable to offer you xDSL - is that summary correct?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 16:03:41
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Absolutely correct - For some reason a few of us are blocked by the Uno checker when all other checkers say they can supply. In my case, I was assured it was because I had a change of line rental provider. That went through four days ago, so another few days should be the proof in the pudding. personally, I am not holding much hope, as others with no tags, flags or booked changes are in the same boat. I dropped another Matt at Uno another ticket today to clarify the situation if the Uno checker keeps me blocked - Whether they could push the canceled order through again, or if it was physically impossible for them to order. So now waiting on two suppliers to reply. Whatever the outcome, I need to jump ship pretty quickly. An added problem is four PCs permanently on plus other devices including web connected TVs. So there is often something doing a Windows update to stuff the ADSL2+ service.

Edited by professor973 (Sun 30-Oct-16 16:05:43)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sun 30-Oct-16 16:08:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
Bob - My reply below, was before 23**** did his edit to take a pop at you

And yet you seemed such a decent chap on PM, but clearly you are not. I'd rather be a **** than be fake.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 16:22:12
Print Post

Do you think the issue might be to do with leaving uno TTB full LLU and an error creeping into the system at that earlier stage? Is the line rental now with Aquiss?
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 16:23:25
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

LISTEN IDIOT - I have known Bob a long time. I have SIMPLY stated that I did not wish to get into an argument and appear to be siding with an idiot like you calling him out. For that I get How rude can you be - honestly and being rude are 2 very different things.

I hope they sting you for all that they deserve, and it's not hard to see why he has attitude with you either.

in a PM and replies blocked - What a hypocrite! Well there is more than one way to reply and all behind the scenes nastiness to me will be posted here for all to see. For the record, I can do decent - PM or otherwise. I can also match ignorance, so how about you butt out of what was not your thread or problem.

Edited by professor973 (Sun 30-Oct-16 18:08:33)

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 16:27:00
Print Post

Line rental just switched back to Pulse8. I have already flagged to Uno the possibility of my ols Uno TTB LLU records messing things up. I thought this, because when I tried to order FTTC as a new service, the Uno site would not let me use the email address I used before, claiming if was already in use, despite no services with them. I was assured by Uno that it could not be the case, but theit checker is acting as if I am still on LLU.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 16:44:06
Print Post

Best of luck - hopefully Matt will be able to sort it out in the not to distant future. I guess you want uno BTw FTTC broadband only and keep the line rental with Pulse8?
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 17:01:51
Print Post

Yes -Switched as calls cheaper than Aquiss and don't really want to mess them around so quickly, especially a service I am and was previously happy with. Left P8 BB because many errors which seems to be due to the way they route, as the same resold TTB LLU ADSL2+ from Uno was faultless - If only I had upgraded to Uno FTTC I would now be a happy bunny. I did not know/grasp that Uno have been quietly converting some from TTB LLU to BTW based service so they could upgrade to FTTC. Every time folks here enquired about the promised TTB FTTC, Mat always said it is down to TT and no timescale could be promised.

Edited by professor973 (Sun 30-Oct-16 17:53:13)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to