User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 17:16:30
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Every time folks here esquired about the promised TTB FTTC, Mat always said it is down to TT and no timescale could be promised.

Yes I've checked a few times for uno TTB FTTC whilst contemplating an upgrade from xilo/uno TTB partial LLU ADSL2+ and on each occasion the availability was BTw only.

Actually I was talking to an Open Reach engineer the other day and he said that there was a spare capacity of 50 VDSL connections on my cabinet whilst he was in the process of reconnecting one customer back to ADSL2+ from VDSL!
Standard User Mac99
(newbie) Sun 30-Oct-16 17:21:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
I did not know/grasp that Uno have been quietly converting some from TTB LLU to BTW based service so they could upgrade to FTTC.

How can Joe Bloggs check to see what backbone they are on?

Regards
Mac
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 30-Oct-16 17:27:50
Print Post

[re: Mac99] [link to this post]

If you do a BT Performance Test, (ignoring the red instructions for this purpose - just say you've done them), the first test runs. Click for the Further Diagnostics at the bottom, which asks for your phone number.

If you are on a BT Wholesale circuit that will then bring up a page with the speed test result and IP Profiles and a bar-graph. On TalkTalk/TalkTalk Business/Sky it will not.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 19:42:31
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Every time folks here esquired about the promised TTB FTTC, Mat always said it is down to TT and no timescale could be promised.

Has this been fixed now? With P8 TTB connection and a test on Uno says i can get TTB FTTC
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 19:50:45
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Not for me unfortunately - probably blocked as an undesirable lol
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 20:04:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
Has this been fixed now? With P8 TTB connection and a test on Uno says i can get TTB FTTC

I haven't checked in a while but yes I can now get TTB Fibre Pro and TTB Fibre+ Pro. Those would be an upgrade from xilo/uno TTB partial LLU ADSL2+ (my line rental is BT based with Zen.) However the prices quoted ex VAT are a little to high for me at the moment frown
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 21:38:07
Print Post

Once again it's time to slowly drift off into that parallel universe, AKA 'Nobody has any problems with Entanet'!
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-16 21:58:56
Print Post

From memory when i was on an Enta connection years ago, they have various nodes and depending on your location determines which you're connected to. Guessing if yours is congested and others not, it would explain why not every customer is having issues.

Would depend how many customers aquiss have that are on your same node, and out of those how many notice it and bother to complain

Edited by bobble_bob (Sun 30-Oct-16 21:59:44)

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 22:06:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not that I would touch them with a bargepole, but SSE who resell Daisy like Uno, find no problems with a check on my line, but thought it interesting what other Daisy resellers came back with, as opposed to random availability checks - Will get to the bottom of it one day !
https://postimg.org/image/zevc718u3/
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 22:16:01
Print Post

I am on Stepney Green node. The very same node that was always overloaded last time I was with Enta via Freeola, but the crafty devils just hid the load monitors from the public in the end!. This is why I would not be where I am now if I had known Aquiss resold Enta. Apparently we were moved to different equipment a week or two ago. Nightmare ever since, but of course " That could not possibly cause a problem"
That bad tonight, it even stuffs part two of the requested BT test Lol
https://i.imgsafe.org/6734b131fc.jpg

Edited by professor973 (Sun 30-Oct-16 22:26:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to