User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chris6273
(committed) Sun 30-Oct-16 22:57:43
Print Post

Re: Enta Congestion

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Once again this evening, my Aquiss Enta is virtually useless due to congestion. Line moved away yesterday, so hoping the flag on the line will now be moved in a day or two allowing me to order Uno FTTC, as this Enta is a nightmare!
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

From someone who's seen the node utilization dials for the Enta network, I'm not surprised in the slightest that you're seeing that kind of congestion.

There are a few nodes last time I checked which are constantly hitting 90% capacity whereby QoS kicks in, killing most things.

Unfortunately from what I've been told in the past, Enta works on a monthly upgrade cycle whereby they upgrade their bandwidth to their nodes on a monthly basis. By the end of the month, things can become very bad.

I'd suggest you switch to a provider who plans ahead rather than one that has such a poor network.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A.K.A: Chrisszzyy

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)
Virgin Media's ridiculously rubbish upload connection (2014 - Present): 152/12Mbps
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-16 23:56:46
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

I have not seen the node load dials since they were hidden from the public, but suppose they are available to those in claimed control.
The problem is, my supplier is one with a very good reputation in the past, but are selling a product with a chequered reputation. I am not sure of the power they have to kick Enta's backside into line. I am also sure that not all Enta customers suffer like me, but kick back at claims that nobody but me is suffering.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 31-Oct-16 00:05:29)

Standard User chris6273
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-16 00:32:40
Print Post

I have not seen the node load dials since they were hidden from the public, but suppose they are available to those in claimed control.
The problem is, my supplier is one with a very good reputation in the past, but are selling a product with a chequered reputation. I am not sure of the power they have to kick Enta's backside into line. I am also sure that not all Enta customers suffer like me, but kick back at claims that nobody but me is suffering.

I guess at the end of the day, it depends if your supplier fights your corner and gets something done to resolve the issue. If they don't then maybe you need to question yourself as to whether that supplier is worthy of supplying the services? As in that case, they are knowingly providing a product which is not functioning as normal.

It will likely only be customers on congested Enta nodes (Of which there are quite a few from memory). It's been about 2 months since I last saw the node load dials, but they had been consistently high for way over 6 months (Me checking them more or less every few days)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A.K.A: Chrisszzyy

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)
Virgin Media's ridiculously rubbish upload connection (2014 - Present): 152/12Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 06:29:57
Print Post

Could you ask Aquiss for the node loads? They may have it and maybe willing to show you it for problem solving purposes
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 09:31:28
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I suppose I could, though it will be interesting to see what things are like today. had a couple of outages here yesterday - Not sure if the supply from Enta or something here, so factory reset the router just in case it was making adjustments it should not. that said, before that rest, my minimum latency that was always 9ms with Aquiss, jumped up to around 20ms, near the latency I had withTTB LLU from Uno. Also my speed is back to within reason, so will see if it stays that way. What has been happening since us on Stepney Green mode were moven to "Different equipment", is noise gradually rises, snr end on the floor and things go t*ts up. Not sure if the recent changes are down to something Aquiss/Enta have done - Node change would be nice lol.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 09:54:02
Print Post

Have you checked to see what your error count is when things go slow? Just wondering if this is something similar to the issues you had with P8?
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 10:23:05
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Never checked errors at that time, but they are usually OK. When I was with Pulse8, it was TTB LLU, and as I have said before, the same TTB LLU from Uno was perfect, which proved not only that my problems with Puls8 were routing specific, but also, the errors were not caused here locally from me to my exchange. Also, others have popped in here that have had the same Enta congestion - Indeed I myself did on the very same Stepney Green node when last with an Enta reseller and it was ALWAYS node overload. Of course, in those days the node load dials were available for customers to see. The cheapest fix to overload and customer complaints, was to block views of the load dials Lol
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 11:07:56
Print Post

Cont... Line confirmed clear by another supplier's TAGs probe!
"Had a look at the number in the TAGs checker and this shows the current ISP as Entanet (as you know) but all the RAGs are green, there are no markers on the line at all other than its listed as a market A exchange served by cabinet 1."

So pointless getting Aquiss to kick OR's backside - All lights green except one!

Edited by professor973 (Mon 31-Oct-16 11:11:13)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-16 13:15:25
Print Post

When I was with Pulse8, it was TTB LLU, and as I have said before, the same TTB LLU from Uno was perfect, which proved not only that my problems with Puls8 were routing specific, but also, the errors were not caused here locally from me to my exchange.

Is that why you don't want a FTTC/line rental package from Pulse8? I did a check for FTTC availability on my line from the Pulse8 site last night and products were available but there was no indication whether they were TTB or BTw, unlike uno where I do have the alternatives or either TTB or BTw.

Edited by 4M2 (Mon 31-Oct-16 13:38:14)

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 13:39:04
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Unfortunately, when with Pulse ADSL2+ and FTTC, I suffered many line errors, so reluctantly moved to Uno, who routed the same TTB LLU differently - Perfect, but the FTTC did not turn up.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to