User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 11:53:09
Print Post

Re: Diaries of a Pulsator

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Is this what you mean?

http://testmy.net/db/TBhfQmG4O.D0iWAapRP

Edited by 23Prince (Tue 24-Jan-17 11:55:09)

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 13:04:53
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Is this what you mean?

http://testmy.net/db/TBhfQmG4O.D0iWAapRP

It is indeed

And if you try this download file it will support the TestMy.Net result (or at least it did for me)

It's quite easy to get too screwed up about the single thread TBB results. It's very difficult to know whether it makes that much difference in real life anyway.

What's really hacking me off at the moment is the fact that P8 and TTB seem to be tied together by knicker elastic at the moment and quite stretchy knicker elastic at that. wink

P8 thought I was on the 76XL Product until I contacted them this morning. They've certainly been very prompt about placing the regrade order with TTB following our discussion, even if TTB haven't been quite so prompt to react.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 13:15:46
Print Post

It's good they have been on the ball.

That link gave me nothing more than 6.1MB/sec so I assume that's the problem rearing it's ugly head. It's the same on my current BT Infinity line as well.

Everything else I do just works, I wouldn't notice it otherwise but then I guess I must do everything multi thread even FTP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 14:12:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Bob,

With the help of PhilipD on Kitz, I now recognise the sea of red was because my IP address changed when TTB moved me back to the 8/10 product. And the reason the BQM response times were that much higher than I was seeing when pinging TBB.com was because the BQM was tracking someone else's line. What a glut, eh?!

Still waiting for the regrade back to 76XL to happen. Suspect it will be an early hours of the morning job as it usually is.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jan-17 14:27:10
Print Post

That makes sense re the BQM smile.

Re what happened to your account, I am sure my earlier hypothesis is correct. The timing of your product downgrade in relation to the bulk basic service upgrade, followed by a manual adjustment to correct any anomalies.

The person doing the corrections not being aware of an intervening phone conversation between you and someone at P8 agreeing you would remain on the accidentally regained 76/20.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 23:28:46
Print Post

So P8 line rental is £13 unless you have their BB and then it's 6..

Dosen't seem such a good deal now when you drill down into it.
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 23:39:56
Print Post

For ADSL, you are correct, but for fibre it's included within the monthly cost.

Remember the calls are dirt cheap though (although this may not apply to you). My monthly bills have been well under £1.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 23:42:31
Print Post

ah okay- Adam just told me it was £13 for line rental when I have internet elsewhere but they are dropping their price from £38 to £35 in April. He didn't make it clear that line rental was included.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 25-Jan-17 00:32:46
Print Post

It's all over their website telling you. Just hover over any "I" symbol smile.

If you click the "I" you may get a fuller listing as well, particularly on the line rental page where you get to see all the optional extras. Such as caller display, which is the only one I have.

I see doing that on the ADSLx page that the top one is Annex M.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 25-Jan-17 00:35:49)

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-17 00:41:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
ah okay- Adam just told me it was £13 for line rental when I have internet elsewhere but they are dropping their price from £38 to £35 in April. He didn't make it clear that line rental was included.

£38 a month for the 38XL fibre product definitely includes the line rental. Trust me I'm a Yorkshireman (short arms and deep pockets wink)

I pay for Caller ID and just about to pay £2 for a fixed IP address, but those are my only extras.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to