User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 21-Jan-17 14:25:35
Print Post

Re: Diaries of a Pulsator

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

As I understood the previous products they were TT Retail products with higher backhaul priority. These appear to be TT Business products with the business backhaul settings and TT support levels.

Bot of course sold to resellers by TalkTalk Business Wholesale.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 13:42:28
Print Post

Interesting. I have been having intermittent speed problems on ADSL2+, for last month. 0.3 up and down last Sunday.
Now everything running faster and reliably since Tuesday.
I do wonder if there was a capacity problem, which has been resolved with additional bandwidth for fibre customers. Freeing up capacity for other users.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 13:43:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well I am now looking at P8 - purely for the cheap as chips line rental. I hate it when something is forced upon the consumer and at a very extortionate price - such as current BT line rental costs.

Does anyone have P8 ADSL and if so is it ok? I am not sure I can be arsed with another FTTC line when all it currently does is stream Amazon and IPTV.

Edit - as I posted so did flippery on ADSL 2+ - wonderful fluke smile

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 22-Jan-17 13:44:44)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Jan-17 16:10:08
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

ADSL been fine for me, no reason to update to fibre yet myself either.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 16:24:49
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Thanks for the feedback. It's something I am considering as not sure I need FTTC for what I currently use the BT line for.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Jan-17 16:40:21
Print Post

Problem is with Pulse8 you have to get your phone line with Talk Talk in order to get fibre. Least with ADSL you can just transfer the broadband over
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 18:15:25
Print Post

I moved to P8. For Line and ADSL2 Broadband Package. Other than last month. I have never had problem since Joining.
I was fed upd with BT Anytime cost., especially the setup mobile charges. Now have 1p / minute for local calls and a Virgin 250 Min mobile £5 package. Gives complete flexibility at less cost. Very rarely do lines cause problem, only once in 30 years for me.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 18:33:40
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies bob and flippery.

I'm just watching what happens with my TV tonight when I limit the connection to 15mbps. if it all plays fine then I will go with ADSL, I know I can get 15mbps i've had it before.

It's a shame this thread was not entitled Diaries of a Pulse8er or something - would have been much cooler! smile
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 23:03:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Keeping my fingers crossed that it will last.

Obviously didn't keep them crossed hard enough.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/bf4d3decd32...

Also back on a 38 Product, even though I though i had agreed with Pulse8 to stay on 76XL.

I'm a bit confused as I was managing to access my work VPN and email whilst all that redness was going on.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jan-17 00:25:15
Print Post

Your link has a real "full stop" at the end.

The BQM looks utterly dreadful even now wrt base latency. I think you may have serious DLM interleaving and "delay" milliseconds added.

Re the 38/10, and looking at your surprise 76/20 result after you had downgraded, I have the feeling the Pulse8 order to upgrade everyone was going through on the basis of the customers' connections when the order was created, which may have had you on it at 78/20. Then the bulk order was submitted and you jumped up again.

Adjusted down again when someone realised.

Your post reads as though you rang about the surprise return to 76/20, but maybe that didn't get through to the person checking befores and afters? Sees you as 38/10 pre-bulk upgrade and 76/20 post, so got it dropped down again. Or maybe it did get through but too late to stop the second downgrade.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to