User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jan-17 00:28:47
Print Post

Re: Diaries of a Pulsator

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

A further thought - re being dropped back down to 38/10, is that confirmed by your upstream sync speed? Or has all that red resulted in banding being applied to the line? What does a thinkbroadband speed test show?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 24-Jan-17 00:30:05)

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 08:42:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Bob,

It definitely looks like it has just been moved back to the 40/10 product

VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
Line Rate: 10.146 Mbps 40.035 Mbps
Actual Net Data Rate: 9.995 Mbps 39.970 Mbps
Trellis Coding: ON ON
SNR Margin: 18.4 dB 22.6 dB
Actual Delay: 0 ms 0 ms
Transmit Power: -12.7 dBm -12.7 dBm
Receive Power: -16.5 dBm 6.6 dBm
Actual INP: 0.0 symbols 0.0 symbols
Total Attenuation: 0.0 dB 6.3 dB
Attainable Net Data Rate: 25.080 Mbps 98.452 Mbps

The INP=0 suggests that there is no interleaving on the line, which is confirmed by DSL Stats

Bearer 0
INP: 0.00 0.00
INPRein: 0.00 0.00
delay: 0 0
PER: 3.06 11.87
OR: 65.16 151.62
AgR: 40035.61 10146.45

Speed tests are back where they were:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

I'm a bit confused about the ping responses though. BQM shows 30ms+; f8lure 21ms, yet if I ping www.thinkbroadband.com I am getting 12ms returns.

Nil happy bunnium. frown
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 24-Jan-17 08:55:16
Print Post

Guessing it was stable on 80/20? Wondering as Bob mentioned that the mass migration to this new node or whatever it was has been cancelled out by you downgrading to 40/10.

Did a quick speed check and I am still seeing the benefits of it.

Graph this morning from my connection

Pinging www.thinkbroadband.com [80.249.99.130] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 80.249.99.130: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=57
Reply from 80.249.99.130: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57
Reply from 80.249.99.130: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=57
Reply from 80.249.99.130: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 80.249.99.130:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 14ms

Hopefully Sam or Adam get it sorted for you this morning.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 09:23:07
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Regrade back to 76XL product underway.

Also asked to move to fixed IP address.

Let's see where it goes from here.

My patience is starting to wear a bit thin!
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 24-Jan-17 09:59:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Regrade back to 76XL product underway.

Also asked to move to fixed IP address.

Let's see where it goes from here.

My patience is starting to wear a bit thin!

Yeah I was a little miffed when I rang about the whole issue around single thread test and was told that to get the same as x6 at peak was expecting too much.

Yet it seems it has been magically fixed with whatever change was made. Happy because I am now back to where I started 15 months ago with P8 but unhappy because I was told there was no issue (clearly there was and it wasn't cab or exchange related) and I am currently paying the extra £6 for business and I am now loathed to remove it as I have no idea if it will have a detrimental effect!

Wondering if a jump to TTB (don't like the idea of a 2 year contract) would make more sense as it is cheaper (you get 4xIP and unlimited landline and mobile calls). From what I can tell there would be no difference in the fibre service itself as P8 are simply reselling TTB services. You get the customer care from P8 but from what others have posted the TTB customer service is pretty damn good.

AAISP are using some of their own servers from what I understand so that would differ slightly.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 10:13:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Skilty:
Yeah I was a little miffed when I rang about the whole issue around single thread test and was told that to get the same as x6 at peak was expecting too much.

LOL really!? That's shocking, that would make me think twice, especially with no contract to tie me to them. You would have thought they would keep that in mind when dealing with customers.

From what I saw the £6 add on bumps you from care level 1 to 2 in terms of Openreach response/fix times.

I just called TTB support and they were really efficient, even when you raise a case online they come back well before their estimated response time and usually have it fixed first time.

My bill is £45.85 all in. I use the talk2Go app now so I have gone for a cheaper limited mins but lots of data sim only plan. Yes the inclusive calls are a decent offering too. makes the line rental charge worth it as opposed to BT where I pay £18,99 and get nothing, not even weekend calls.

Edited by 23Prince (Tue 24-Jan-17 10:17:16)

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 10:57:43
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:

LOL really!? That's shocking, that would make me think twice, especially with no contract to tie me to them. You would have thought they would keep that in mind when dealing with customers.

From what I saw the £6 add on bumps you from care level 1 to 2 in terms of Openreach response/fix times.

It is the back end TTB support that are unwilling to recognise the reduced single thread speed as an issue. P8 have certainly been willing to push the issue in TTB's direction for me.

I would be very reticent to tie myself into a 2 year TTB contract as a result.

I know of one ex-TTB customer who had the same single thread issues, got hacked off with TTB's intransigence, migrated to an Uno TTB connection and now has no single thread issues.

I am still of the belief that the issue is peering related in that it doesn't affect all sites.

Try running speed tests from TestMy.Net as a comparison. It is another single thread tester, however it gives me much better results than the single thread results on the TBB speed test.
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 24-Jan-17 11:00:14
Print Post

But back to your topic smile Have P8 fixed the issue yet?

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 11:13:33
Print Post

But back to your topic smile Have P8 fixed the issue yet?

That will be a 'No' at the moment. Order is placed with TTB and awaiting TTB action.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jan-17 11:24:18
Print Post

My experience exactly. Matt said that Uno route differently to Pulse8 TTB and that is why I was trouble free with what seemed the same resold product.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to