User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 13:17:49
Print Post

Moving from LLU to Fibre?

[link to this post]

My provider Xilo, are trying to charge a cease of £32 for moving to Fibre, is this right? I thought that you could freely migrate these days?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Nov-16 13:41:43
Print Post

Re: Moving from LLU to Fibre?

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

It seems that some migrations are done via a cease and reprovide. This is largely driven by the unbundling market as it appears that it isn't possible to migrate from some types of unbundled technologies to others. Who are you moving to and what sort of package were you on at Xilo?
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 14:31:19
Print Post

Seems so. My migration from their LLU hit me with a cease fee.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 15:19:41
Print Post

Your big ISPs BT, TalkTalk, Sky, PlusNet will usually swallow the costs, but smaller ISPs will pass them on. The fees seem accurate to me.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:13:15
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Your big ISPs BT, TalkTalk, Sky, PlusNet will usually swallow the costs, but smaller ISPs will pass them on. The fees seem accurate to me.

Certainly there would be a cease fee if one wished to migrate from uno TTB MPF to another ISP supplying a BTw service (plus additional fees if one left uno TTB MPF within 12 months.)

However if one wished to stay with uno and upgrade to TTB fibre (if available) together with the line rental probably going to BT based service also with uno, i.e. SMPF, maybe then there would not be a cease fee - perhaps Matt at uno can answer that if he sees this thread?
Standard User ibk68
(newbie) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:16:33
Print Post

I was billed £32 plus 20%Vat which made the amount £38.40, much higher that the cease fee charged by any other provider. I questioned the VAT but they would not budge. I was moving from Xilo Talk and Surf to Plusnet. Plusnet subsequently messed up the order and I cancelled the migration and got the cease fee refunded.
Standard User ibk68
(newbie) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:22:20
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I can confirm that a cease fee is not charged if moving from Xilo to a Uno Fibre service.
This is what I did eventually after the mess up with plusnet.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:29:25
Print Post

[re: ibk68] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ibk68:
I can confirm that a cease fee is not charged if moving from Xilo to a Uno Fibre service.
This is what I did eventually after the mess up with plusnet.

Is your line rental still with uno and, if so, on a reduced cost because you have broadband with them?
Standard User ibk68
(newbie) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:44:41
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Yes
Line rental and Fibre Broadband both with uno on the BT network.

Broadband is more expensive than with other major providers but line rental and calls are considerably cheaper. Line rental paid a year in advance is £120 or £12 a month including vat and calls are just over 1p a minute with no call set up charge.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 17:13:25
Print Post

[re: ibk68] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ibk68:
Yes
Line rental and Fibre Broadband both with uno on the BT network.

So uno upgraded you from TTB full LLU ADSL2+ to fibre on the BT network (BTw) and there was no cease fee? However presumably there was an activation fee for the BTw fibre service?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to