User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 11:59:55
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business Simply and Pulse8

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

Yep includes vat, i signed up to a new 12 month contract last April and they gave me some huge discounts in return.

<--- stunned blush

latest bill wink

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/BkA0

Nice wink

I can't complain for what I pay, even if it is more.

Naffed off everyone is getting free install and activation when I paid £50 on my "Free line installed if you need it" sales line.

But there you go.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 12:00:23
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LadFromWales85:
50% off the fibre complete does look good!

But, I suppose I'll have to make do with free line install and activation,

See above! Better deal than I got 2 months ago!
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Feb-17 12:03:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by LadFromWales85:
But, I suppose I'll have to make do with free line install and activation, and 30% off the fibre complete for 24 months.

That's still a good deal. They initially offered me 50% off for 12 months and then full price for the remaining 12 months on a 24 month contract - I slammed the phone down. They called me a few hours later groveling and said i could go on a 12 month contract with 50% off their complete package which i gleefully accepted smile

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 03-Feb-17 12:06:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Feb-17 12:12:19
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
But only 1 mobile can receive the diverted calls.

Probably good that they do that. If they didn't, imagine your secret mistress calling you on your landline, and other 4 mobiles were also able to answer...including your missus LOL
(metaphorically speaking of course)

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 03-Feb-17 12:15:32)

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 12:33:14
Print Post

In my experience you won't get anything like full single thread speeds with TTB, regardless of whether you are with TTB or Pulse8.

Adam at Pulse8 is doing his best with the TTB megalith, but my current speeds are:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

although they are capable of delivering this if you get on the right segment:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

and in TTB's view it seems you just can't expect single thread speeds to match multi thread speeds.

It doesn't affect my day to day usage of the internet, but does leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm just glad I didn't take out a 24 month TTB contract.

Having ruled out A&A for years on grounds of cost, I am now actively considering jumping in the other direction.

Just making you aware before you lock into a 24 month contract.

The other thing is that it is relatively expensive to jump back to a quality BTW based IP, should you decide you have made a mistake.

If you are going to leap onto a TTB connection, I'd pay the P8 premium anyday to just be on a 30 day contract, but YMMV.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Feb-17 12:45:36
Print Post

Few things

P8 have to pay Talk Talk to use their network so that bumps the price up and P8 are alot smaller company than Talk Talk. Talk Talk will lose money on some users depending on download habits but can take the hit as they have millions of users, P8 cant afford to do that
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 14:00:32
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
Few things

P8 have to pay Talk Talk to use their network so that bumps the price up and P8 are alot smaller company than Talk Talk. Talk Talk will lose money on some users depending on download habits but can take the hit as they have millions of users, P8 cant afford to do that

I'm not entirely certain how P8 manage the TTB connections: whether they are registering users on the TTB system or have a capacity type agreement with TTB.

Plus points for P8 is that they don't charge any admin charges if you want to change speed or move from dynamic to fixed IP addresses (within reason). They are very responsive being a small company and because they don't tie you into long contracts they know they live or die by their service offerings.
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Fri 03-Feb-17 14:48:04
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Single thread performance is absolutely fine on AAISP, I get at least 70Mbps every time I try, on an 80/20 sync line.
I tell a lie, did one just then, 68.1Mbps x1 72.8Mbps x6

Yeah I did consider switching to Uno Fibre+, BTW based with a 500GB peak cap. They want 49GBP to take over the line, and 54GBP to activate fibre.

Even though I am on AAISP, fully TT MPF, TTB are unable to take over the line, and instead will install an entire new line, and waive the activation. Just bizarre.

While I understand single thread throughput on TTB seems to be lower than multi, it is still enough to stream 4K video, if video services used a single thread, which they don't, while being a good bit cheaper!

AAISP 80/20
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 14:56:59
Print Post

Hi

Also it depends on the deal they have with TalkTalk. Don't forget going via Pulse8, your monthly charge contains "extra" to cover costs and a profit for Pulse8 in addition to TalkTalk's profit.

Also 30 day contracts have always been more expensive, you pay for that flexibility, if you know you are going to leave after a few months, then Pulse8 becomes a lot more attractive.

In terms of the "product", it sounds very much like with Pulse8, you are getting the same TalkTalk product they would sell you directly.

Regards

Phil
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 03-Feb-17 16:10:52
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

Pulse8 running on TalkTalk Business Wholesale was until recently basically the same backhaul as TalkTalk Retail but a higher priority setting.

I believe very recently it has been upgraded (at no higher price) to TalkTalk Business backhaul and Business support levels (for Pulse8) within TalkTalk.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to