User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Fri 03-Feb-17 16:21:49
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business Simply and Pulse8

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I am pretty sure the only change Pulse8 has made is the PSTN support level being increased to tier 2, 1 day turnaround, rather than tier 1, 3 day turnaround.
Pulse8 appear to buy an entire product package from TTB, and have increased the PSTN fault turnaround at cost to themselves, without increasing costs for the customer, which is nice of them! The Biz packages have been increased from 2 to 3 too.

But, Pulse8 also cannot take over my TT MPF'ed line, and want to charge 100GBP.

Since the VDSL service on TTB and Pulse8 are exactly the same, I can see no real benefit to going with Pulse8 as it stands, unless I knew for certain I was moving soon, but TTB allow two moves in a 12 month period.

Pulse8 appear to also block websites on the IWF list and sites ordered by court order, like the Big 5, whereas TTB do not, at least according to 23prince...!

AAISP 80/20

Edited by LadFromWales85 (Fri 03-Feb-17 16:22:21)

Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 16:43:13
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LadFromWales85:
I am pretty sure the only change Pulse8 has made is the PSTN support level being increased to tier 2, 1 day turnaround, rather than tier 1, 3 day turnaround.

Not true. The Home Broadband connections are now at the same priority setting that the business lines used to be at. The only difference between Home and Business is the tier for PSTN support. Home is on Tier 2 and Business is on Tier 3, as you state.

I'm also not sure how Pulse8 can block websites on the IWF ist and TTB don't. Since Pulse8 are reselling you a TTB connection, both have got to either block it or not. One can't do one thing and one the other.

I do understand that a £100 install charge probably swings the migration decision firmly into TTB's favour. I relate to that because that is what most ISPs want to charge me if I go back to BTW (or at least the ones I would want to use).

And to be honest, there's such a bog discount on the Simple product, it is a very attractive proposition at the moment.
(committed) Fri 03-Feb-17 16:54:59
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

So previously, Pulse8 priority across the network was lower previously? I can see why they increased it when TTB themselves offer higher as standard.

23Prince has stated that he can access sites on the block list using his TTB connection with no use of VPN or L2TP, like TPB, Isohunt etc. Pulse8 state it in their terms and conditions that sites are blocked. I imagine when Pulse8 are creating their package with TTB that they can include or exclude features. For whatever reason, perhaps just to cover their backs, they have opted for the UK web filtering, like TT Retail.

Of course, anyone else here on TTB who wants to chime in regarding their ability to access websites listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_block...
It'd help me greatly. I don't generally need to be able to access these sites, but I'd rather know I have Internet access rather than having part of the Internet restricted from me! smile

AAISP 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Feb-17 17:13:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by LadFromWales85:
Of course, anyone else here on TTB who wants to chime in regarding their ability to access websites listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_block...
It'd help me greatly. I don't generally need to be able to access these sites, but I'd rather know I have Internet access rather than having part of the Internet restricted from me! smile

No problems here on TTB, never had any issues accessing 'certain' websites.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 03-Feb-17 17:20:11)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Feb-17 17:35:33
Print Post

Just checked ISOHunt and works fine via Pulse8.

Just FYI we all share the same pipe out of the exchange, but at different priority levels. Looks as though Pulse8 are now at the same level as TTB where previously we were on generic TalkTalk Wholesale.
(committed) Fri 03-Feb-17 17:45:19
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

What is TalkTalk wholesale in relation to TalkTalk business?
What product do ISP's which don't purchase an entire package from TT, such as Uno and AAISP use?

Good that you can access those sites!

AAISP 80/20
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 03-Feb-17 18:53:28
Print Post

TalkTalk Business Wholesale can be equated to BT Wholesale in a way. It is nothing to do with "Business Broadband" packages as such.

It offers Home/Domestic/SOHO packages or whatever you wish to call them, and Business Broadband Packages.

The people on TalkTalk Business itself here are going through TalkTalk just like they could go through BT Retail, then clicking to go to Business Broadband packages.

Reseller businesses (hence the Business Wholesale moniker) such as AAISP, uno, Pulse8 and many others buy direct services from TT Business Wholesale, with facilities tailored to what they wish to sell to end users.

I don't know how clear that is. The simplest way is perhaps simply to ignore the word "Business" in TalkTalk Business Wholesale, and think of posters here on TalkTalk Business broadband as simply buying a business level service from TalkTalk Retail at a higher price than the consumer products.

In the same way as they can buy a business level product based on BT Wholesale but not direct from them.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 18:58:52
Print Post

My Worksafe was broke for the first few months, It was fixed but broke right after. In the end I was getting homesafe notifications on everything from TBB to My works e-mail and HSBC banking so I said " Look if you can't sort it for good let me out of the contract as blocking every site I access makes the access pointless" and like a Badger on crack they fixed it overnight not only for good - but now when I do put it on (I don't bother anymore) it does apply within seconds.

Happy with it now. But like BF I keep it off - no site yet has come up blocked.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Feb-17 19:19:53
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

They dont have capacity. You're directly connected to the Talk Talk network. I know this as last year i couldnt connect and Pulse8 couldnt see my connection. Turns out Talk Talk deleted me from their servers for no reason
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Feb-17 19:21:16
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

When i went live with TTB in Oct 2013 the first thing i did was turn off Worksafe and haven't touched it since. I prefer my internet unadulterated smile

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to