User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 19:42:41
Print Post

Freeola

[link to this post]

I am leaving Plusnet next year in January 2018 when my current contract has ended and will move my phone line and fibre superfast broadband to freeola in 2018.

I think it time for a change as PN customer service via phone, ticket, live chat went downhills lately. Very poor support. Also tech support.

It's such ashame because PN used to be very good ISP, but not anymore. I have to keep my PN account remain active for referral scheme, so PN must pay my monthly credit to my bank account.

Edited by adslmax (Thu 23-Feb-17 19:43:57)

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-17 21:04:03
Print Post

Re: Freeola

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

No price rise with Plusnet then?
Standard User AdrianPH
(committed) Fri 24-Feb-17 06:06:31
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I have to keep my PN account remain active for referral scheme, so PN must pay my monthly credit to my bank account.

Well that's nice , you want to earn money referring people to an ISP whose service is so poor you are leaving ........

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 24-Feb-17 09:15:23
Print Post

[re: AdrianPH] [link to this post]

Not quite.

The referral payment is for past referrals, and stops when the person referred leaves Plusnet. If they choose to stay they are more or less satisfied with it, and the payment is justified.

I too still receive referral payments, but stopped recommending them long ago.

Similarly, in a very different field, many years ago I made several investments through Chase de Vere after they made suggestions. They received an annual commission on some of those until I sold the investments. I doubt very much if they were still making the same recommendations throughout the period I had the relevant holdings.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 26-Mar-17 10:22:16
Print Post

[re: AdrianPH] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AdrianPH:
In reply to a post by adslmax:
I have to keep my PN account remain active for referral scheme, so PN must pay my monthly credit to my bank account.

Well that's nice , you want to earn money referring people to an ISP whose service is so poor you are leaving ........

I know people who are still raking in £100's a month - and they left in 2008..
  Print Thread

Jump to