User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Mar-17 20:00:12
Print Post

DLM on Uno

[link to this post]

Signed up for TTB fibre service on Uno. Was just wondering if the TTB service has Openreach DLM on it reading a story on the front page of TBB or is it just the BT Wholesale supplied lines?

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U on 80 Meg LLU Fibre
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:00:12
Print Post

Re: DLM on Uno

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Openreach DLM applies to all VDSL2 services since its always an Openreach cabinet

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:40:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks.

Tim

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:36:04
Print Post

Is it a BT Wholesale or TalkTalk Business package?

BT Wholesale ones do have the IP Profile applied. TalkTalk Business don't, as such, but may have an undisclosed equivalent. It's actually an implied requirement from Openreach. The ISP has to ensure that data for a customer doesn't reach the DSLAM faster than the customer's line can take it. Otherwise loads of dropped packets on the fibre from the exchange before anything gets to your line.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:41:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Its TTB package might ask Uno bet they are sick of me haha.

Tim
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:47:54
Print Post

I missed the TTB bit in your OP. Sorry frown.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Mar-17 23:54:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

From the horses mouth, there is DLM on all Openreach lines including TTB.

Tim
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Mar-17 00:08:10
Print Post

I didn't query that smile. But on BT Wholesale WBC/WBMC connections over it, the sync is fed from the Openreach system into the BT Wholesale DLM. All that does is set, and use, the IP Profile, in the same way as it sets and uses it on ADSLx.

The BTW one doesn't control the line on FTTC though. The Openreach one does that. With an input from BT Wholesale of the stability option chosen.

Print Thread

Jump to