User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Jun-17 22:30:53
Print Post

Tentel

[link to this post]

Frying pan to fire!
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/06/scotlan...

Edited by professor973 (Mon 05-Jun-17 22:34:45)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Jun-17 14:30:49
Print Post

Re: Tentel

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Guessing for most not much will change as they were on a Talk Talk line anyway, but this bit:

Can I change providers?

Your contract is still valid, and so you need to keep paying for your service until your contract ends

Surely a change in provider means the contract you signed with Tentel is no longer valid?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Jun-17 14:44:32
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I assume that TalkTalk have bought the contracts and therefore the contract is transferred - not sure how that works legally.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Jun-17 15:19:57
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Legally - has happened plenty of times in the past with other providers, with some even selling blocks of customers while continuing to trade.

It may even be that the wholesaler agreement may mean accounts transfer to wholesaler control is company fails to pay or goes into administration.

Contract would be void if TalkTalk did something like make a material change to the service or pricing with appropriate notification, so as long as price and service stay as where you could be 'sold' on again if someone wants the customers.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 06-Jun-17 16:17:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Not only as you say, Andrew, but Tentel could perfectly legitimately have sold their customer base on to some other provider, who could have kept them on TalkTalk if they were a TT reseller or moved them to another wholesaler if not.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63679/13080Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 06-Jun-17 16:17:43)

Print Thread

Jump to