User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Aug-17 14:55:05
Print Post

Uno TTB SMPF + Uno WLR3 SOHO

[link to this post]

Just ordered a migration to Uno WLR3 SOHO line rental (moving from another BTw line rental provider,) ordering was smooth and easy, also the discounts were attractive for existing Uno broadband customers. Interesting that one can retain Uno TTB SMPF (partial LLU) ADSL and have BTw line rental with the same provider rather than having to go to MPF (full LLU.) Both BB and line rental are on one month minimum terms and the billing dates will be synchronized.

Monthly costs are greater than full LLU though and there was a one off charge of £9 ex, vat for the line rental migration but I do prefer to keep the line rental BT based and stay on TTB partial LLU. Hopefully the line rental migration will go smoothly and I will see a reduction in phone costs in the longer term.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Sep-17 17:55:46
Print Post

Re: Uno TTB SMPF + Uno WLR3 SOHO

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Nice and easy successful transfer of line rental and for me it will be free for 3 months as an existing Uno broadband customer smile
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Sep-17 16:35:26
Print Post

Don't leave with a moan about a shortcoming, or they will pretend they cannot supply your number for a return.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Sep-17 17:27:03
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I think you previously had, possibly unresolved, issues with Uno regarding TTB ADSL full LLU (MPF)?
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Sep-17 00:54:40
Print Post

Yes, soon never happened in 18 months, so I left and stated why. I was also incorrectly billed on my final bill and basically called a liar, but luckily my bank account proved I was initially charged. Since then they pretend they cannot supply my number, just like a few others on here that have complained about something. They simply block rejoining and pretend they don't know why you cannot be supplied, not that I want, but every other number in the street is OK to supply in their checker.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Sep-17 01:31:56
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Sorry but that was not the case at all.

Your invoice was incorrect by way that the cease fee had VAT included which was removed. We never stated otherwise. One point you did make, which was incorrect, was that you had been billed for an IP which was never the case and the line items you posted in the original thread simply list every configuration option for the service and every one of your bills did say exactly the same. I am sure other customers who have a single IP who are on this forum with Talk Surf will be able to attest the same.

The invoice was generated 14 days before it was collected as per the Direct Debit mandate (and guarantee) and was discussed at here, the day the invoice was generated and 13 days before it was debited - it had already been corrected (as confirmed in that thread). As a time line, invoice generated on 1st of the month, corrected on 1st of the month, debited on 14th of the month.

The incorrect amount was never debited and only the correct amount was debited, once, from your account.

We also sent emails on these events, one on 1st of that month at 14:12:23 which was seconds after the NoT email we are required to send, a revised invoice at 14:13:52 and then confirmation of the Direct Debit on 14th of that month at 07:00:26.

I have checked with our Direct Debit processor for the payments processed and can confirm that only the correct amounts were ever billed, this was processed once and nothing was initially charged. Us generating an invoice does not initially charge anything until the due date, two weeks later in this instance.

Edit: And just to clarify about the bank statement you posted, this was for your invoice prior to your final invoice (sent to you on 12th of the month before!). For the month and some calls. The invoice after, the cease invoice and pro-rata notice, was correct, debited on the correct date and debited only once. Direct Debits take a few days and this invoice was debited by us and processed by the bank a few days later (26th Aug vs 1st Sept) this is also why we make the statement of "Payment for this invoice will automatically be debited from your bank or building society on, or shortly after the due date." on your email notification.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Sat 09-Sep-17 03:49:53)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Sep-17 01:53:50
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Effortless and faultless BTw line rental migration to Uno, no problems with previous BTw provider either.

Cheers Matt smile
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Sep-17 01:55:38
Print Post

That's what we like. smile

Do consider switching to the yearly rental if you've not done so already as there is a good saving to be made over the period compared to monthly.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Sep-17 03:57:18
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I am happy with Uno too and am thinking of bringing my domain over for hosting too. Currently, with Plusnet expires in December.

Just a quick note on the speed-tests in your signature Matt the only one that works accurately for me is the Sheffield one. The other two give me very inaccurate results.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Current Sync: 79050/19661

BQM
Standard User bernado
(member) Sat 09-Sep-17 19:15:05
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Another Uno (and Xilo before) happy camper here, just wish they had a fibre option at my exchange.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to