User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Oct-17 18:53:01
Print Post

Origin Broadband

[link to this post]

Any "updates" on Origin?

Found a couple of posts, but they seem to be very low key.

Looking to swap from Sky as coming to the end of my contract and Plusnet want to charge me for going back, but Origin don't. Not quite sure how that works. Is there actually a cost involved and do some ISPs absorb this and some don't or are Plusnet just out to make money for Openreach? smile

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Sky via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Oct-17 20:11:11
Print Post

Re: Origin Broadband

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

£11 migration charge (plus VAT) but if this is fttc usually loads of offers with no setup fee

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Oct-17 20:34:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So £50 is taking the Micheal?

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
===========

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Oct-17 20:56:46
Print Post

New customers can get free setup on the up to 38 Mbps service https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/plusnet but without seeing all the details and how long you've not been a customer of theirs difficult to say for sure...

Maybe you should go find out what other providers will charge you to move to them

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mbames
(member) Tue 24-Oct-17 11:11:19
Print Post

From what I can determine Origin are a plusnet reseller.

My parents are on a bog standard ADSL service with them. Currently syncing at 448000 / 576000. Customer service is slow. I reported a line fault on Thursday with them, and only yesterday did they both to get back to say "Oh, we've decided an engineer is required, when are you in?" and they did via an email to my parents - who's internet connection is very unstable, and the line is very crackly.

If you have a decent line and don't expect to have issues then they may be fair game.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

Sky Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-700
(Gone but not forgotten: 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Oct-17 17:58:52
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mbames:
Customer service is slow.

Plusnet was about an hour's wait on the phone when I was with them a year ago.

Do they use Plusnet for their support?

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Oct-17 18:28:37
Print Post

HTH? :-

Sky 12 mth contract from Dec 2016
Plusnet 12 mth contract from Dec 2015
EE Mar 2015 to Nov 2015
New Call Telecom 12 mth contract from Jan 2014
Plusnet Jan 2012 to June 2014

===========
Standard User mbames
(member) Tue 24-Oct-17 19:09:30
Print Post

They seem to use their own staff for support. At least plusnet were somewhat quicker at attempting to resolve issues - getting an engineer out never really seemed to be an issue.

In this case a demolished telegraph pole and a really crackly line which has dropped its sync by 66% (when it works) and they are still dragging their feet frown

Speedtests:
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Oct-17 10:26:14
Print Post

Returning to an ISP within 12 months of leaving can often mean the best deals are not available, i.e. limits in place to stop people exploiting the cashback offers etc

In other thread it has been suggested that the £50 might be down to you opting for a monthly contract, rather than the usual 12 to 18 months

Standard User TooUnCool
(newbie) Wed 25-Oct-17 16:44:30
Print Post

I stupidly moved to these guys from BT in rural Norfolk thinking "hey, they all use the same copper" and the speed is so [censored] anyway, how much difference could it make?

They are truly awful, I heard nothing from them regarding a live date from the day I subscribed only to be told, when I called them (more on that to come) that my live date was 2 days prior. This was patent b/s as my BT service was still live. It took ages to get this sorted out, each time you call them (yes, their own staff, nothing to do with Plusnet) you are on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes.

By the time I realised this was just going to be a world of hurt and wanted to move back to BT, I was told that I was out of my cooling off period and, effectively "bad luck, you are stuck with us".

There is a lot of information on other forums and a Twitter group dedicated to Origin, I doubt they have a single satisfied customer.

Not that I have an opinion, mind you....8-))
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 18:08:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Returning to an ISP within 12 months of leaving can often mean the best deals are not available, i.e. limits in place to stop people exploiting the cashback offers etc

I don't know why ISPs can't just give loyal customers the best deals they can, then we wouldn't have to keep changing! wink
In other thread it has been suggested that the £50 might be down to you opting for a monthly contract, rather than the usual 12 to 18 months

This has now increased to £60, due to an additional £10 for connecting or some such. frown

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 18:09:26
Print Post

They must wear Openreach lead boots! LOL

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 18:13:23
Print Post

[re: TooUnCool] [link to this post]

Interesting. Have you had any other ISP experience, apart from BT and Origin?

TBH, I've yet to find an excellent ISP, but then again I always go for the budget option. wink

===========
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Oct-17 19:01:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by hk11:

I don't know why ISPs can't just give loyal customers the best deals they can, then we wouldn't have to keep changing! wink
This has now increased to £60, due to an additional £10 for connecting or some such. frown

Often because these deals mean they make nothing or very little in hope that the customer stays with them for longer than the deal itself, or that the customer takes another service.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 25-Oct-17 19:02:26
Print Post

Where?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Wed 25-Oct-17 20:19:22
Print Post

Hi
I was with Origin and they were terrible, my friend is with them now and they just moved his line to talktalk LLU without any communication, not sure if this is something they are rolling out.
K
Standard User Roksan
(newbie) Wed 25-Oct-17 20:41:44
Print Post

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

I was with Origin for two years, the first 18 months when it seems I was using PlusNet were pretty much trouble free. Then they 'upgraded' their network, my speeds halved & after a couple of weeks recovered somewhat but in the evenings took a real dive making Netflix viewing difficult etc. I was really glad to see the back of them to be honest. But that is just my experience & of course others may be very different, I really hope they improve. I liked Brian Blessed on the phone dept. selection.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:17:02
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
Often because these deals mean they make nothing or very little in hope that the customer stays with them for longer than the deal itself, or that the customer takes another service.

I see the reasoning, but wonder if more thought should go into it?

Anyone any figures on retension percentages etc.? wink

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:19:06
Print Post

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

Doesn't look too good. frown

I am surprised there aren't more stories on here, if this is the norm with them.

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:21:01
Print Post

[re: Roksan] [link to this post]

It seems to be getting more and more prevalent with ISPs unfortunately. frown

===========

Edited by hk11 (Wed 25-Oct-17 22:21:29)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:22:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Where?

On the order.

They call it an activation fee.

===========
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:26:22
Print Post

What length contract are you opting for?

Standard User MatHal
(newbie) Thu 26-Oct-17 00:39:53
Print Post

[re: TooUnCool] [link to this post]

I moved to Origin earlier in the year and have regretted it ever since.
After a nightmare transfer from Plusnet which took about 5 weeks (Plusnet's mess-up), I was eventually connected.
The ADSL sync speed with Origin is almost exactly 50% of what it was with Plusnet but the actual internet speed is often much worse than that. Often the 'single thread' speed measured on thinkbroadband's speed checker goes down to below 1Mbps in the evenings which makes watching video impossible. With Plusnet I consistently got around 12Mbps using the same router etc.
In the past week or so the internet is dropped completely and will not reconnect for hours on end, though the ADSL remeains connected and is never dropped.
My attempts to contact Origin have all had long waits resulting in my abandoning the attempt to get through.
Origin do not have a 'quiet line test' so it's impossible to check whether there is a faulty connection but, if there is, it's at the exchange end.
As with other ISP's I've used Origin claim an upload speed of 'up to' 2Mbps which is utterly impossible as they deliberately limit upload to about 700kbps!!
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 03:08:06
Print Post

12 month, if possible, although 18 month seems quite prevalent these days.

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 03:10:38
Print Post

[re: MatHal] [link to this post]

Can anone think why we haven't had more reports if Origin are so bad?

===========
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Oct-17 09:09:03
Print Post

I don't know why ISPs can't just give loyal customers the best deals they can, then we wouldn't have to keep changing

It only takes one company to give a retention deal and then everyone has to do it. And once they start doing it then prices of customers not on a deal have to go up to cross subsidise those that are.

It is no different to Sky TV, insurance companies, etc. They will all try and charge the standard price but if you attempt to leave then they will have specials they can offer to try and keep your custom. The only way to stop it would be to regulate the market but generally the government would rather natural competition to regulation.

The result is the people who don't ask end up paying much higher prices than those that do.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Oct-17 09:24:15
Print Post

If they only have 20,000 to 50,000 customers (guess) then the volume of posts is about right

PlusNet is in the million customer region

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Oct-17 10:41:22
Print Post

Plus of course, given that the main reason anyone posts about their ISP is a problem of some kind, once they have done so and the thread has run its course they go quiet. Only waking up again as in this thread, when the rare enquiry about the ISP comes up.

Mostly though they won't be monitoring these forums anyway so don't see the enquiry. Those of us who do are geeks.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 12:18:38
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

The "question" was a bit "tongue in cheek" really. wink

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 12:20:04
Print Post

Ah, right.

Wasn't thinking that laterally. wink

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 12:22:48
Print Post

But there doesn't seem to be more than a couple of complaints on here. I would have expected at least a few.

===========
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Oct-17 13:21:53
Print Post

The "question" was a bit "tongue in cheek" really.

I know but I thought I would explore it as it is an issue that is very widespread and means that people who regularly shop around and challenge get good deals but those that don't end up paying a lot more. I used to just pay Sky whatever their standard price was but then I decided if loads of other people are getting discounts then I am just being stupid not getting them myself.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 13:28:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Everyone pays really. wink

The lazy in cold cash and those that do some work in time, effort and sometimes loss of service. frown

===========
Standard User mbames
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 15:36:33
Print Post

BT engineer came out and cut the line off complete and marked the job as completed - but fixed the service for the pub opposite (so that their card reader worked again). Guess that is the benefit of being a business customer!

Origin phoned my parents (obviously as the line was dead it went to VM) and left a message saying "Please call us if you have further issues". I only know this as I've been having a twitter conversation with Origin.

Phoned them back up, 3 minutes to get answered (not bad), and now in the queue for tech level 2 so that I can re-raise the fault, but there are 6 ppl in front of me. Good job I'm on leave today as this might take some time!!

Speedtests:
Standard User Naveen
(newbie) Mon 25-Dec-17 19:02:13
Print Post

I have been with Origin on an 18 months fixed which was cheapest at the time but they have recently done cheaper offers.

Since I complained about 1.5 months ago things have improved a lot, before was real bad. The line will still occasionally drop (seems Asus router freeze to be fair) but always comes up within a few mins. Now acceptable.

Having said that never had a problem with Sky and only 1 with plus net over 2-4 years.

If you are having trouble make a complaint.

Hth
Standard User Naveen
(newbie) Thu 11-Jan-18 07:21:18
Print Post

[re: Naveen] [link to this post]

As a follow up while service is better now having complained it's still pretty slow at times, and I get weird errors on some browsers with things like Twitter video and even pictures failing to load. I have never had this kind of problem with other ISPs. I cannot recommend these folk at all and am looking to move, though that would mean eating around £95 of my current package.

Can anyone comment on Origin Fibre? I suspect it will be more of the same problems, but if I can upgrade and it's at least better that would be an option.

Failing that, there is new legislation to get out of a contract if the service level is bad I believe. Any tips on getting on with this process? I suspect it will be not possible as service at least stays up now even if it is below the par.

And finally, if I just up and move, who's a good fibre provider in the UK? I would like 70 ish MB but 38 would also be fine.

Thanks !
Standard User adrenalize_
(newbie) Thu 11-Jan-18 11:18:48
Print Post

[re: Naveen] [link to this post]

I'd guess (educated) that Origin Fibre will be the same - from my own connection and a few threads and posts on here.

I've been with them for about 2.5 years now and it has been a real mixed bag of service. Initially I was on a PlusNet white label/resold connection and it was great. Customer service quick, my only couple of calls to tech support not too bad. No congestion all day every day etc. (Better than the PlusNet I moved from and they forgot to charge early exit fee as it didn't look like migration!!)

When I moved house 18 months ago Origin tried to diddle me out of my prepaid line rental and also changed me to resold Vodafone. All was OK initially although I wanted to regrade from 40/10 to 80/20 when my contract renewed in early 2017. This is when they seemed to go downhill greatly.

2 months to regrade and now fairly bad congestion at peak. The main problem is single thread which does affect video streaming. Tech support start looking at things but generally just eventually close the calls.

They have also overcharged me and it was a battle to get that sorted/ refunded.

There are only a few threads on here, but you will also often see a few more customers (like me) chime up in the various threads.

My VDSL line to the cab is super stable and can hit the theoretical max off peak so I'm fairly sure it's congestion. Trouble is as the end user it is hard to tell where, my exchange, backhaul or ISP kit.

I guess the average punter just puts up with it and might not notice, you can still stream, it just drops the quality usually and multi thread tests usually look "OK" hence it can be a challenge getting tech support to understand the issue. Almost makes me wonder if it some sort of traffic shaping or ISP kit congestion as multithread tests aren't too bad.

Voda broadband have increased their subscriber base a lot in 2017 - so I wonder if they are struggling with capacity and not to mention that in general there has been massive growth in the bandwidth subscribers are using due to the growth in 4K, Netflix etc etc

I know it is the cheapest end of the market but makes me nervous that if I jump ship to a "better" ISP and it is the backhaul (only BTw and TT on my rural exchange) the problems won't go away.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 11-Jan-18 15:48:21
Print Post

[re: adrenalize_] [link to this post]

May only be two wholesale backhauls, but the congestion may not be at the exchange level but at the point where providers pay for a specific capacity for all their customers i.e. at a regional node for example

Different QoS levels can be paid for with TalkTalk Wholesale for sure

The trick is to see how others behave on the same exchange and technology as you.

Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Thu 11-Jan-18 15:52:19
Print Post

[re: adrenalize_] [link to this post]

My current situation with Origin on a 76/20 deal shows pretty much the same symptoms (laid out in boring detail elsewhere on the Forum) although sometimes with very low overall download speeds not just single threaded at the peak congestion times.

My experience has been that once you get through to Tech Support the people on the desk are normally helpful and appear to know what they are doing rather than just reading a script but you need patience and an ability to suffer some awful music while you wait for your call to get to the top of the queue. We had a total internet dropout for about 45 minutes in the day time earlier this week and I was still in the queue to report it when the service returned. When I have raised the problem Origin have managed to cure the single thread issues for short periods but the problem reverts within a week or two.

If I can't get out of the contract before time due to unsatisfactory service, I will need to seriously think about moving to another supplier at the end of the contract period even if it costs more. The only trouble is that being on a small rural Market A exchange there is the danger of jumping out of the frying pan only to land in the fire.
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Fri 12-Jan-18 00:57:04
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Torn between laughing and crying.

My Broadband Ping for 11-12/01/18

Edited by GonePostal (Fri 12-Jan-18 09:50:16)

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Jan-18 01:18:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
Torn between laughing and crying.

BQM for 11/01/18

That's pretty poor.

(Not my original thoughts, but this one will get past the decency filter!!)
Standard User MatHal
(newbie) Fri 12-Jan-18 18:27:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
When I have raised the problem Origin have managed to cure the single thread issues for short periods but the problem reverts within a week or two.

Like GonePostal I'm wishing I could get out of my Origin contract without losing money.
After months of complaining I finally got a message to say they had found and rectified a fault, though they did not say where. It certainly was not a line fault as this line worked well with previous providers and the issues arose the day Origin took over.
After their fault rectification the sync speed stayed exactly as before but the congestion type issues did improve, though only for a few weeks. Things are now slowly returning to being as bad as previously, though I've not had many total dropouts in service, as I was getting before. Simple web-sites are taking inordinate lengths of time to load and the single thread download test is often dropping to under 3mbps.
At 'peak' times it's difficult to get any decent resolution video to play and slowness persists all evening, right up to midnight.
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Fri 12-Jan-18 21:39:00
Print Post

[re: MatHal] [link to this post]

Things have hit a new low tonight. We are on a 76/20 deal and sync'd at 74661/19999. I've just run a TBB speedtest over ethernet cable which showed:

Download (single thread) 0.6Mbps
Download (multithread) 4.3Mbps
Upload 0.5Mbps

The BQM has been showing massive congestion since about 16:30 today.
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Sat 13-Jan-18 09:38:50
Print Post

For comparison a test this morning shows:

Download (single thread) 64.6Mbps
Download (multithread) 67.9Mbps
Upload 16.4Mbps

Those results are consistent with what has been returned every morning.

The moral seems to be that anyone who wishes to use their internet connection for any more than the basics in the evening should avoid this provider.

Edited by GonePostal (Sat 13-Jan-18 09:40:58)

Standard User radiodan
(newbie) Sat 13-Jan-18 10:52:39
Print Post

TBH, I've yet to find an excellent ISP, but then again I always go for the budget option. wink

You get what you pay for in life i'm afraid wink

Dan
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Jan-18 11:18:53
Print Post

[re: radiodan] [link to this post]

Not always smile. But always buying the cheapest is extremely unlikely to result in a good product on broadband, never mind “excellent”. Something has to give, be it sync, throughout, CS, and in particular fault fixing.

Does “excellent” even exist in the consumer broadband market? I don’t think so. Even with my ISP.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74496/13801Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Tue 16-Jan-18 21:11:03
Print Post

In fairness I should report that for the last three evenings the BQM has shown barely a flicker of instabililty and the speed test results have been in line with the normal speeds recorded outside the peak congestion hours.

Let's hope it continues.
Standard User MatHal
(newbie) Tue 16-Jan-18 22:35:42
Print Post

[re: radiodan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by radiodan:

You get what you pay for in life i'm afraid wink

Dan

Unfortunately my issue with Origin is that I'm not getting what I paid for and never have!
At its best I get about 50-60% of the speed I got with previous providers - I was not told that when I signed up. Quite often there is very obvious congestion that makes a lot of web-sites unusable and that can continue from early evening to midnight or later.

This morning I spent 2 hours or more experiencing an issue I've had before where the DSL syncs and I'm allocated an IP but it's impossible to access any web-site. It's possible to ping servers such as Google's DNS but nothing more. Eventually, after lots of router resets and other assorted playing around I got things working (with the original settings, of course).
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Jan-18 13:17:24
Print Post

I am still glD I opted for Plusnet and not Origin when my contract with Sky ended. wink

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
===========
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Sun 21-Jan-18 23:09:28
Print Post

We've now gone a full week with barely a flicker on the BQM and full single and multi-thread speeds including the evenings when we have had awful problems previously so it does prove that Origin can supply a good service.

They'll have to keep doing it to maintain their credibility.
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Wed 14-Feb-18 22:32:28
Print Post

Well we had a good run from my last posting until today. Shame they couldn't keep it up.

We had a planned power outage today. The reconnection moved me to another of their servers and we are back to the congestion along with poor single thread download speeds and ping times.

Edited by GonePostal (Wed 14-Feb-18 22:33:20)

Standard User mbames
(member) Thu 15-Feb-18 11:05:38
Print Post

My parents connection seems to be ticking away fine after the line faults were eventually fixed (took several years!)

BQM

Vodafone Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Mon 19-Feb-18 22:09:13
Print Post

It's doing better than mine, then. This is on a line now sync'd at 79999/19999.

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Ping
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Feb-18 23:03:51
Print Post

That's horrendous!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 20-Feb-18 00:13:54
Print Post

You sure they haven't somehow accidentally downgraded you to ADSL2+? Horrendous isn't the word!

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Tue 20-Feb-18 00:20:00
Print Post

I'll test in the morning and get 75+ Mbps down and 17 Mbps up so there's nothing wrong with the connection per se. Presumably Origin Broadband just haven't invested enough in back haul and everything falls over when lots of their customers want to use their service at the same time.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 20-Feb-18 00:32:32
Print Post

I seem to remember at one time people were very worried about Entanet. So loads started running frequent speed tests. One of the most congestion-causing things they could have done wink smile.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Tue 20-Feb-18 09:18:21
Print Post

Here's this morning's result.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Tue 20-Feb-18 21:13:07
Print Post

Then a silent re-connect at about 19:20 this evening to a server on another range of IPV4 addresses without losing the 79999/19999 connection speeds and we get:

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to