User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 08:14:58
Print Post

Anyone on here using Aquiss?

[link to this post]

Aquiss have a three month free offer for new customers on FTTC.

Thinking of moving away from my current Pulse8/TTB offering and the Aquiss offer takes some of the pain of the cost of a new BT line away.

Just wondered whether there was anybody on here that was using them that could provide some feedback.
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Wed 25-Oct-17 20:21:17
Print Post

Re: Anyone on here using Aquiss?

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Hi M8
sorry for off topic, whats up with pulse8, they been good here?
K
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 23:36:28
Print Post

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

There were significant single thread speed issues earlier this year, which took a long time to resolve. Part of the issue was persuading the Pulse8 guys there was a real problem. Once we'd got through that hurdle, Adam did a good job of chasing TTB down to resolve the problem eventually.

However, I am just left with the feeling that they are a straight reseller whereas the likes of Martin at Aquiss and Matt at Uno have more control of their networks and some real technical expertise to help resolve issues.

Pulse8 are very competitive on price, but I am willing to pay a little more to have more confidence that issues can be resolved quickly.

I'm also blocked from using ISPs like AAISP & Uno without having a new line installed as there is no migration path from TTB.

The three options I am considering are:
1) Stay put
2) Aquiss (more expensive than P8, but cheaper than IDNet)
3) IDNet (the most expensive option)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 25-Oct-17 23:42:11
Print Post

TalkTalk Business?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 14:34:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Is that a query about whether P8 are using TTB rather than TT, Bob? Or an alternative suggestion?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Oct-17 18:07:37
Print Post

An alternative suggestion smile. They do generally accept home customers. Though have had the occasional hissy fit

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 20:19:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

More expensive than IDNet even without taking advantage of the IDNet pay up front offer and a 24 month contract to boot. Can't see any reason to go not to go for IDNet out of the two of them.

There also used to be a problem migrating from a Pulse8 TTB connection to aTTB proper connection. Don't know whether this was ever resolved or not.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 20:34:33
Print Post

Just be aware that IDNet use Zen LLU backhaul on many connection and I've seen a few reports of people on IDNet also experiencing peak time single thread speedtest issues. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

TBH i'm not sure why you're thinking of leaving Pulse8. If it ain't broke....

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 20:46:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
More expensive than IDNet even without taking advantage of the IDNet pay up front offer

Really?

TT Business: 'Simply' FTTC 80/20 package: £47.94pm (inc line rental & vat)

IDNet: Fibre Unlimited 80/20: £49.80 pm (inc line rental & vat)

Yes a 24 month min term is a bummer on TTB but they will let you leave penalty free if they cannot fix any fault as per Ofcom Business Broadband Code of Practice. In any case you can leave them penalty free mid contract if they increase prices.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 26-Oct-17 20:47:28)

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 21:13:26
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

My calculations take into account the up front costs, which are higher with TTB.

At the end of the day, we are splitting hairs as the costs are insufficiently different to make it a critical decider.

Yes, I am aware that some people on IDNet have their connections via Zen backhaul. I think I've only seen one IDNet person commenting on their performance issues though and IDNet didn't even mention using Zen backhaul when I asked them earlier this year, so not sure how many of their customer base are on the Zen backhaul.

Not absolutely committed to going, but my experiences with P8's single thread speed issue has left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. Sure they got there in the end, but not without hours and hours of effort on my part.
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 08-Nov-17 12:25:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Aquiss have a three month free offer for new customers on FTTC.

Thinking of moving away from my current Pulse8/TTB offering and the Aquiss offer takes some of the pain of the cost of a new BT line away.

Just wondered whether there was anybody on here that was using them that could provide some feedback.

Previously used them, they seemed very good... however they did some upgrades which took sometime and it affected my speeds whilst they were taking place!

Support at all other times seemed great!

CJT.

Currently....
On Virgin Media Up to 50Mbps
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to